Gorgeous DIY Pillow In Minutes

$18

If you want high dollar looking decor on a tight budget this DIY pillow is perfect for you. You will look like an amazing artist when you really pulled off gorgeous in minutes with no painting skills required! Here is how:

gorgeous diy pillow in minutes

Start with a blank pillow cover, you can find great ones at IKEA or make your own pocket pillow cover (there is a tutorial for one on my blog Salvaged Living) Lay it out flat.

gorgeous diy pillow in minutes

Next center this gorgeous reusable adhesive mesh stencil in the center of your pillow cover. (Don't worry...I link to the sources in a second!) Use Chalkart paint and a small squeegee brush to push the paint through the mesh. I used Well I Declare - a pretty purple/gray for the all over color. You could stop here and have a gorgeous pillow. But I went one step further...

gorgeous diy pillow in minutes

I washed by Bee stencil and then reapplied it over the dried artwork. Using the Gold Embellishing Wax I added gold touches to the bee and surrounding wreath for a gorgeous gilded effect that really makes this pillow look expensive and elegant. AND I look like a professional artist, but shhh don't tell how easy it was!

gorgeous diy pillow in minutes

See the detail! You can grab all the products for this look here, but the cool thing is these stencils work on wood, fabric, glass, plastic...just about anything you can think of! You can create so much with them! I added some touches of black paint for extra depth to the design.

Here is the finished pillow...

gorgeous diy pillow in minutes

If you want to see more amazing and easy projects like how I transformed this thrift store table below then visit here to see how it turned out! Be sure to sign up for my e-mail and visit my LIVES on Facebook! Can't wait to create with you!

gorgeous diy pillow in minutes

I love to share easy inspiring projects with you, so join me!

Salvaged Living: Decorating & DIY

• Jacx

This so charming! Wonder if you did it on linen to use as a chair cover? You did JUST ENOUGH, THAT IS A TRUE PART OF THE CHARM. When I owned a house I stenciled all over. Great fun and easy to change when you tire of it.

• Ilene

When I went to the link, it shows a crown on the stencil. A different stencil or you skipped the crown? You said the stencil is mesh. Don't see that in the product description. Anxious to do this project. Great idea and just what I need. Thank you. Ilene

• Ilene

• Ilene

Thank you Wendy. I've started a structural art piece and there are other sencils at the site I can use.