Sharon
Sharon
Asked on Jun 19, 2019

How do I get rid of flies?

BetsyTaz11229393DesertRose
+3

They come in especially when we r eating.

• Dfm

There are fly traps on Amazon add water to activate the attractions rescue brand is the one I use, add water to the designated line, hang it up.

• DesertRose

The best way is with prevention. You say they come in while you are eating? Do you have screens on your open doors and windows? Do you live in agricultural areas where there are many flies or is there something outside attracting them like uncovered trash cans etc? I am not trying to be unkind, it is just easiest to prevent such pests and it is good to check out a source of attraction and prevent them entering. Then fly traps work well once there are some inside, also fly paper and I hope this helps. Please do not be offended by my prevention questions, I am not insinuating anything. If I had flies, I would start there. We had a problem one year and it was from our neighbor never cleaning up after their dog. A little chat and that solved 90% of our problem.

• Taz11229393

Wipe down table and chairs with diluted peppermint extract. The flies won't land on it. Keep a cup of the solution with a sponge nearby to keep wiping.

Hi Sharon: One thing you can do is get a fan to blow them away from your food. Or, you can make a trap: Here's a site that will show you how: https://www.instructables.com/id/Industrial-Fly-Trap/ Good luck