Ellb
Ellb
Asked on Jun 23, 2019

How to get rid of cockroach?

EllbNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CAAnonymous
+3

Just found 1 roach in house today. Don't know if there are more. How do I get rid of them?

• Cheryl Williamsen

Find where it/they live. They like under the sinks and under the stove & cardboard/paper storage areas.

Roach Pruff is powdered boric acid, and that destroys their nervous systems, after they walk through it.

Food grade diatomaceous earth grinds through their exoskeletons, after they walk through it.

Neither hurt us nor pets.

If this doesn’t work, then let me know and I’ll advise you on bug bombing.

• Redcatcec

Yes assume there are more.

What you do is make a mixture of half and half boric acid, available in the pest control section of DIY stores and sugar. The sugar will draw them and the boric acid weill kill them. Expect to see an increase in numbers at first they are hungry and want to eat.

Put this mixture where they are living, in cracks, behind doors....

• Anonymous

I used a combination of #1 Boric Acid (get it from your pharmacist),, #2 All purpose flour, & #3 Powdered sugar. Equal parts each, like 1 cup (8 ounces) Boric Acid, 1 cup flour, & 1 cup powdered sugar. Use a whisk & mix well. Put the mixture in dollar store condiment containers (ketchup or mustard usually come in a 2-pack.

The sugar attracts them, the flour makes it stick to their legs & antennae and the Boric Acid kills them & other roaches when they groom each other in their nest.

Squirt a continuous line close to the walls of your counter & do this continually in your kitchen & bathroom and around the sinks & drains. Make sure it’s a continuous line. Every night I also squirted some down every open drain - even the shower. It wouldn’t hurt to encircle the sinks in your kitchen & bathroom. Toilets too!

it took me about 3 weeks of keeping this up because there were generations of cockroaches. When I started seeing tiny cockroaches (the babies who had come out due to hunger) I knew I had won! I did it for another week to make sure. Keep crumbs, etc off your counter & keep things dry - including your sinks & shower (every night!!!) & reapply as needed.

Yes this a hassle - but I only had to do it once several years ago & haven’t seen a cockroach since!

Btw the Boric Acid eats up their insides - I read that It liquifies them.

Good luck!!!!!

• Anonymous

PS - Boric Acid is not harmful to humans & in small amounts to pets, or so I read. But I’d still keep an eye on children & pets!

• If you have seen one there are literally hundreds more you don't see. Call an exterminator asap. They hide and breed in places you can't get to. Home remedies will never let you truly be pest free.

• Ellb

Thank you all for your advice.