How to Make a Large Art Piece Out of a Shower Curtain

$40

This is a fun and easy way to create a large piece of art in your home or apartment using a shower curtain and wood.

Step 1: Measure the curtain height and mark the wall where you want the top of the artwork to be. Use a level to make a straight line.

Step 2: Fold the curtain in half and find the center of the shower curtain. This is the first place that you will want to tack when hanging the piece. I used tiny little nails to tack in the center.

Step 3: Pull tight the top left corner of the shower curtain and tack it and then do the same with the top right corner.

Step 4: Continue by pulling tight the bottom middle and tack, then left and then right.

Step 5: Finish hanging the shower curtain by nailing the middle sides into place. The more nails you place along the sides the smoother the fabric will be.

Step 6: Now it's time to take the measurements of the shower curtain and measure out your framing pieces. Cut the exact size of the shower curtain for the sides first. For example if the shower curtain is 80" tall then cut the side boards 80".

Step 7: After marking the measurements on the wood framing, it's time to cut the wood with a saw.

Step 8: It's best to start hanging the framing by hanging both sides first.

Step 9: Next cut the top and bottom boards. Measure along the side between the two outer boards. Then cut the top and bottom board according to that measurement. Now, move on to hanging the top and bottom boards by using a nail gun or finishing nails and a hammer.

Step 10: Finish hanging the frame by nailing in the bottom piece of the frame.

Finished Project: Here is the finished product. This statement piece of easy to hang artwork is in my daughters room that she redecorated for college. If you'd like to see more of her room, check it out .

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Linda

• Patricia Enos

On the table what did you use to glue the material to the table?

• Kathy

I bought this same curtain for my shower. Now I know what else to do with it because its beautiful.

• Brenda Teeple

Why didn't you make a frame and place it on like a canvas then she could have it when she moved and no holes in the wall.

• Frank

Why not do what I've done and stretch it over a blank canvas? I have a couple on my home, one even got a custom frame

• Kzook6

The problem is canvas this large are very expensive

• Maureen

Could it be mitre corners. And tacked on the back sides of the frame, with the picture face forward, and add a back colored for more movement accent.

• While I Linger

Great idea for inexpensive art. Thanks for sharing!