How do I get rid of a skunk in my yard?

Gary OlverSharonRebecca Taylor
+2

• Pepper sprays, also sold to repel squirrels and other wild creatures, are effective skunk repellents. Spray them on trees and other areas where you've seen skunks. Ammonia also deters skunks. Soak old rags in ammonia and place them under your deck or porch to keep skunks from coming in.

• DesertRose

We had a skunk that lived in our yard. After the summer/fall seasons were past and winter was here, we sealed up the area under our shed and fenced our yard. We do not have any skunks now. Skunks love to live under the safety of campers, sheds, or other places they can crawl under. You will have to wait for them to go into hibernation before you can safely remove or close off their favorite area. Hopefully they won't hibernate under there too. Ours did not, but came around nearly every morning and when we went outside he hid under the shed.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi Angela, straight dawn ultra on the stain and scrub. Then wash.

• Sharon

Agree with DesertRose, you could also buy some predator urine like fox and put it near where its hiding in its burrow so it will relocate itself. Before you put it down, I suggest following the advice to close in porches, campers and other burrowing areas so it moves out of your yard. You can use wooden lattice around porches and campers, and wire hardware cloth is also helpful enclosing vents, etc.

• Gary Olver

Cayanne pepper works fabulous I had one underneath the stairs sprinkle and then underneath the stairs and they won’t get in on them selves and lick it and then will come back ! Power kind !