Hanging Succulent Baskets

$5

How many of you save plastic containers? I have tons of them... I'm always thinking of ways to repurpose them and I came up with the perfect way to repurpose some plastic drink containers. I turned them into the prettiest hanging succulent baskets and love how they turned out.

hanging succulent baskets
hanging succulent baskets

These are the containers I used. Make sure your containers are clean and dry before starting this.

hanging succulent baskets

I have a huge collection of yarn and picked out a few of my favorite chunky yarns.

hanging succulent baskets

I used a high heat hot glue gun to start attaching the yarn to the container. I started at the bottom of my container.

hanging succulent baskets

Start gluing the yarn in a circle motion, but make sure to work in small sections so the hot glue doesn't have a chance to dry.

hanging succulent baskets

Continue gluing the yarn up the container adding different colors along the way.

hanging succulent baskets
hanging succulent baskets

I glued two pieces of yarn inside this basket for hanging.

hanging succulent baskets

For my second basket, I added the handles first, then worked my way around with the yarn. Make sure to cover the bottom half of the handles.

hanging succulent baskets
hanging succulent baskets

When your baskets are done, add your succulents. I used artificial succulents because that's what I had on hand, but may put real ones in my baskets sometime soon.

hanging succulent baskets

I love how cute and pretty these turned out and am tempted to make more as gifts. Wouldn't you love to receive one of these as a gift for your home or office?

hanging succulent baskets

If you like easy yarn crafts, be sure to head over to my blog for lots of fun and easy crafts to decorate your home and bring happiness into your life!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Mj

Holly, they are cute. If you use for real plants (not using tops i presume) will the yarn glued on be able to hold the weight of the soil? Great idea for recycling 👍

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Thank you! I used Gorilla Glue hot glue sticks and that stuff is so strong, but you can always punch a couple holes in the plastic and then tie the yarn to be sure that it would hold the plant - or use something stronger for the handles, like twine or small rope.

• Mj
    8 minutes ago

Thanks for your reply. 💙