Hanging Succulent Baskets

$5

How many of you save plastic containers? I have tons of them... I'm always thinking of ways to repurpose them and I came up with the perfect way to repurpose some plastic drink containers. I turned them into the prettiest hanging succulent baskets and love how they turned out.

These are the containers I used. Make sure your containers are clean and dry before starting this.

I have a huge collection of yarn and picked out a few of my favorite chunky yarns.

I used a high heat hot glue gun to start attaching the yarn to the container. I started at the bottom of my container.

Start gluing the yarn in a circle motion, but make sure to work in small sections so the hot glue doesn't have a chance to dry.

Continue gluing the yarn up the container adding different colors along the way.

I glued two pieces of yarn inside this basket for hanging.

For my second basket, I added the handles first, then worked my way around with the yarn. Make sure to cover the bottom half of the handles.

When your baskets are done, add your succulents. I used artificial succulents because that's what I had on hand, but may put real ones in my baskets sometime soon.

I love how cute and pretty these turned out and am tempted to make more as gifts. Wouldn't you love to receive one of these as a gift for your home or office?

If you like easy yarn crafts, be sure to head over to my blog for lots of fun and easy crafts to decorate your home and bring happiness into your life!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Mj

Holly, they are cute. If you use for real plants (not using tops i presume) will the yarn glued on be able to hold the weight of the soil? Great idea for recycling 👍

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Thank you! I used Gorilla Glue hot glue sticks and that stuff is so strong, but you can always punch a couple holes in the plastic and then tie the yarn to be sure that it would hold the plant - or use something stronger for the handles, like twine or small rope.

• Mj

Thanks for your reply. 💙