A Creative "Twist" to Traditional Frames

$5

Don't you just love unusual frames? We have so many gorgeous pics that we want to add to our gallery wall, but it's always such a hassle to change the pictures out. Ain't nobody got time for that, right!!? So a few weeks ago we made ourselves these twisted wire frames.

They're fun to make too and it's super easy to swap the pictures out depending on your mood and we always have extra bits of wire from making our wire dress wall art.

To make your own you'll need:

• Jewelry wire, 12 and 18 gauge
  • Wire cutters and needle nose pliers
  • A CD case or block of wood to use as a template for creating the basic outer frame

Starting at the top middle point, wrap the thicker 12 gauge wire around whatever you're using as a template.

Cut a piece of the thinner 18 gauge wire. Make a small loop and wind the extra bits of wire on either side of the loop tightly around the overlap to close the frame.

You should end up with something like this.

Once the basic wire frame is done you can get those creative juices flowing and add the squiggly bits using the thinner wire. Feel free to play around and just let your hands form interesting shapes.

There's no right or wrong way. Join the squiggly bits to the frame using some of the 18 gauge wire and your frames are ready to hang.

We hung our twisted wire frames next to a recycled tin can handbag and I'm loving how unique they look. And anytime I want to change the photos, I'll just un-stick them and put something else up.

What do you think? Is it something you would make for your gallery wall? What would you place inside your twisted frames? Share in the comments I would love to know.

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Michelle Leslie

• Pachya

Perfect for this grandma to keep updated photos of grandson! Definitely will try it.

• Randal

I like this idea, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make it wherein, the photo is actually held in by the frame, instead of being taped to the wall. I think perhaps maybe some little clips attached to the frame, or even make some pinching points with the wire and have them inside the frame as well. Cool idea though.

• Marilou Moseley

Yes

twist the wire where they can create overlaps that will hold the puctyres