Craft Room Makeover Extreme Upcycling Cardboard Tool Storage Frames

$5
2 Weeks

Hi there,

Today I am sharing my sixth upcycled project for my craft room makeover. And I have to say it is my absolute favorite so far. It is so bright and cheery and colorful and perhaps best of all functional. As part of my room make over I wanted to have my tools easy to find and put away but of course I also wanted the room to look better. Here is what the corner of the room looked like when I started. It truly was a cluttered mess.

And here is what is looks like now.

I think the frame have a sort of Alice in Wonderland look to them which suits me just fine.

I started this project by laying out the tools i wanted to hang up and then determining what size framed I needed.

Then I made the base shapes from cardboard. I used hot glue and white craft glue to assemble the pieces.

To make all of my designs I used 1/2" strips of cardboard. It was fun to play around and experiment with different shapes.

Once I had the frames assembles I added my accent colors.

You can find all the details in the attached video.

For more information on this project please visit  http://www.upcycledesignlab.com/craft-room-makeover-extreme-upcycling-cardboard-tool-storage-frames/

Thanks for taking a look at my project. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews please subscribe at www.UpcycleDesignLab.com.

Happy Upcycling,

Cindy

15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

• Thea
    Thea

This is great, would work as a mirror frame too. How did you hang the rulers and french curves?? though?

• Jjqq
    Jjqq

What happened to all the other stuff in the corner that made it a cluttered mess? The items shown seem like a very tiny part of it -

• Barbars
    Barbars

Looks great but where did you put all “ your stuff? “

• Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab
      Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

Hi Barbars,

I am in the process of redecorating and reorganizing the whole room so my stuff has ended up in a lot of places and some of it I have gotten rid of.