Succulent Concrete Pumpkins

$17

Hi everyone! Here's how I made some succulent pumpkins. They're super easy to make and with this cement mix they only take a few hours to set. You'll just need some nylons, cement mix, rubber bands and a small plastic pot.

Start by mixing some cement mix with water and filling the nylons with the mixture. Your mixture can not be to soupy as it wouldn't hold shape if it's too soupy. Following that wrap a small plastic pot with plastic wrap and insert it into the center of your pumpkin. I got this tiny pot from some succulent plants I bought at home depot.

Tie off the remainder of your nylons and attach rubber bands around it to create the pumpkin shape. Make sure your rubber bands aren't too tight. If they're slashing to much into your pumpkin they will make chunks come off when removing later on. Something to keep in mind :) ( I share more about the right water to cement mix ratio (recipe) on the blog. You can check it out here - https://www.lilyardor.com/succulent-concrete-pumpkins/ )

Isn't it too cute ! If you're wondering how I got them to look mossy you can get the tutorial here - https://www.lilyardor.com/concrete-pumpkin-diy/

It's a trick I picked up from a previous DIY and doesn't require weeks of growing moss. Only takes about 10 minutes.

I'm in love with these succulents!! All from homedepot. I bought a few and separated them before planting.

That's it!! Thank you so much for tuning it! I hope this is helpful and inspires you to create!

Happy Crafting!

You can find more DIYs on my blog at www.lilyardor.com

I try to share new DIYs weekly! :)

Lily Oleynik

• Wink Harner

Do you leave the plastic pot wrapped in plastic inside the pumpkin? Are there drain holes? Do you take off the nylon?

• Alice

Could I use regular cotton men’s sock?

• Angi

yes, but your planter will be limited by the size of the sock and you'll likely get the knit texture imprinted aswell.

• Mickee Hicks

I love this,how to posisions rubber bands to get an even shape

• Sarge

I tried this once, without making a flower pot out of it, just for a harvest decoration and put the rubber bands on using a clock for reference ie., one at 12/6, at 2/7 and the last at the 4/9 position.

hope this helps.

• Ann

Great job who would have thought of using nylons to create a planter! Nice job 😀

• Kathy

I used my leftover plastic pumpkins for candy collecting by making the opening larger. I made a hole in the bottom and placed a dowel or piece of PVC for drainage, then placed a smaller plastic pot with drain holes duct taped except for the bottom hole which I placed over dowel inside the pumpkin. I then poured in my concrete around the interior pot. I let it setup overnight, then I cut away the plastic from the outside and pulled out the pot inside along with the dowel. It worked great.