Succulent Concrete Pumpkins

$17

Hi everyone! Here's how I made some succulent pumpkins. They're super easy to make and with this cement mix they only take a few hours to set. You'll just need some nylons, cement mix, rubber bands and a small plastic pot.

Start by mixing some cement mix with water and filling the nylons with the mixture. Your mixture can not be to soupy as it wouldn't hold shape if it's too soupy. Following that wrap a small plastic pot with plastic wrap and insert it into the center of your pumpkin. I got this tiny pot from some succulent plants I bought at home depot.

Tie off the remainder of your nylons and attach rubber bands around it to create the pumpkin shape. Make sure your rubber bands aren't too tight. If they're slashing to much into your pumpkin they will make chunks come off when removing later on. Something to keep in mind :) ( I share more about the right water to cement mix ratio (recipe) on the blog. You can check it out here - https://www.lilyardor.com/succulent-concrete-pumpkins/ )

Isn't it too cute ! If you're wondering how I got them to look mossy you can get the tutorial here - https://www.lilyardor.com/concrete-pumpkin-diy/

It's a trick I picked up from a previous DIY and doesn't require weeks of growing moss. Only takes about 10 minutes.

I'm in love with these succulents!! All from homedepot. I bought a few and separated them before planting.

That's it!! Thank you so much for tuning it! I hope this is helpful and inspires you to create!

Happy Crafting!

You can find more DIYs on my blog at www.lilyardor.com

I try to share new DIYs weekly! :)

Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Lily Oleynik

• Alice

Could I use regular cotton men’s sock?

• Angi

yes, but your planter will be limited by the size of the sock and you'll likely get the knit texture imprinted aswell.

• Mickee Hicks

I love this,how to posisions rubber bands to get an even shape

• Sarge

I tried this once, without making a flower pot out of it, just for a harvest decoration and put the rubber bands on using a clock for reference ie., one at 12/6, at 2/7 and the last at the 4/9 position.

hope this helps.

• Julie

I have many succulents, but how do you control them from out growing the pot? Mine start small and look great but in time there too big and I have to re pot them