Butler’s Pantry Wall

$1500
2 Weeks
Advanced

We are almost done with our kitchen remodel. Whew! We have a 4 foot wall that has 15 “ depth IKEA cabinets and I’ve made it my butler’s pantry. I’ll take you through the cabinet installation to the building of the plank wall that consists of wood from our former dock!

Here is where we began. This was before the remodel started. It’s truly amazing how crowded and messy things look in the before picture. I’ve vowed to myself to not have so much stuff out in the future!

So the old cabinets are out and here is the first cabinet installed. This is our 2nd kitchen remodel using IKEA cabinets and we were so happy with our 1st kitchen remodel (in our previous house) that we didn’t think twice when doing the remodel at our lake house.

All the uppers and lowers done! Our cabinets door fronts are “Grimslov“ in off white. The handle name is “Borghamn” and is from IKEA too!

Countertops done! This is called Spring Carnival from Wilsonart. Love it! We hired this part of the project.

This is the old growth cedar that was used as floatation for our dock that was originally built back in the 50’s. We built a new dock a few years ago and brought the old logs out to dry. We then had them milled on site, put them in stacks to dry, and now we are using them as moldings, planks and barn doors in our house remodel. We had them milled in different widths and dimensions.

Here my husband is cutting them to the size we wanted for the planks. He also sent them through a planer to make them smooth.

Here they are being dry fit.

Here he is air nailing them in. Before they were installed we put on a transparent waterproofing wood finish sealer by Behr that brought out the natural color.

He added molding to the sides to finish off the look.

We also added under cabinet lighting, from where else but, IKEA! It is called “Omlopp LED”. You can also add a remote control called “Tradfri“. I love this too!

Finally, it’s done. I will keep it clean. It just makes me happy and calm.

4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself

• Luna

I'm confused... Why paint that beautiful teal only to have it covered with the wood planks?

• Jody Harris

The wall was a mishmash if colors. I had friends coming over so I painted it the aqua color that we painted our main focal wall in our kitchen redo so it didn’t look so bad. Now, the wood warms it up, plus it’s a great memory knowing it’s our old dock. Recycling at its best!

• Karen

Why didn't your husband hard wire the undercabinet lights so you done have a plug showing? That's what my husband did and I got a outlet back and just installed a switch next to the outlets so I didn't loose anything. Love the cabinets you picked for the whole kitchen, looks great!