Plant Stand Side Table Upcycle

$1

I bought these plant stands at a garage sale. I had originally painted them but it was time to update them again to match some decor in my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here are the original plant stands.

Original upcycle - I had added some bases I found at Hobby Lobby for stability. I painted with with Ink Waverly Chalk Paint, and I added 2 circle glass cutting boards from Dollar Tree to the tops to protect them.

I wanted these to match some updated furniture I had made in my bedroom and this would make a great lamp stand.

I taped the edges with painters tape, and I painted the door with Apple Barrel Burnt Umber paint.

Before the paint had time to dry, I flipped over the paint brush and began dragging it through the paint to create wood grain lines so that it would match my other 2 tone furniture in my room.

I painted the knob with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color silver so that it would match the stainless handles on my other furniture.

I removed the painters tape and let the piece dry completely.

Our lamp fits on it perfectly and it blends in nicely to our new furniture. You can see our deconstructed credenza sideboard here -

https://chascrazycreations.com/repurposed-credenza-sideboard/

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Nana

Did you think about using a hook on the back to hold up the lamp cord??

• Gail

or running the cord down one leg with attachments of some sort, they make some for cords. Definitely needs to "disappear"