Grab the Kids! Make A Vintage Gumball Machine Christmas Ornament

$65

Let's get into the Christmas spirit ❄️🎄🎅🎄❄️

I found out yesterday that we have our first snow in the forecast! It won't be anything measurable since we live on the coast and it's almost impossible for snow to stick this early in the season, but it's enough to get me into the Christmas spirit!🎅❤️

So I've been making ornaments for the Christmas tree🎄

And my favorite so far has been these vintage gumball machines!😍

They are easy to make, and it's a fun one to do with the kids!

First, gather your supplies.

You'll need.....

Mini 2" clay pots

3.15" diameter clear plastic ornaments (best to use the ones that come in 2 halves)

Rainbow nonpareil (round sprinkles)

Metal tabs from soda cans

E6000 clear glue (or your favorite strong glue)

Black paint (any kind)

Red paint (any kind)

2 detail paintbrushes

Twine or metal hook to hang the ornament

(I ordered in bulk so the price of materials listed below will make 40 ornaments)

Make sure your clay pot is free of any dirt, dust, debris, and go ahead and apply 2 coats of the red paint, allowing 20 minutes for dry time in-between coats.

Paint the metal soda tab black (usually takes 2-3 coats)

Now, fill half of the ornament with the nonpareils. Put the two halves of the ornament together and put just a dab of e6000 glue on the bottom to secure.

Now, apply a good amount of glue on the bottom of the clay pot and position the ornament on top so that it is straight and the hole for the string/hook is at the top

Apply a dab of glue to each edge of the soda tab, and apply it on the front of the clay pot

Paint the bottom section of the tab black (currently is red from the clay pot)

Now tie your twine or put the hook on, allow to dry for 12 hours, and then hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy 🎄😁

These adorable little cuties and so much more will be added to my Etsy shop over the next few weeks, so check often! Link below 😉

To see more: https://www.etsy.com/shop/DeerRunRevamps

• Connie Thornes

I made it with plastic shot glasses, mixed beads, and a wing nut for the turn handle

• Tami Luiz

I am so excited to try this, I havent done any crafting in years, I'm trying to get back into doing all types. I am also going to try to put the little trinkets inside as well.... Great idea & very cute.

Would you know of a place I could find the little trinkets...?

• Bel48501095

I am in creating a terrerium

• Sheila Giustino

Very cute, to make so not heavy you can also use Small Solo Cups in place of planter!! Very cute!!

• Renee

That’s exactly what I did. I used the small Pom poms as well so as not to attract critters while in storage.

• Sue

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE and sooooo creative!! I just LOVE this as I have always loved gumball machines. You could also put tiny trinkets inside like the old gumball machines had in my childhood. Oh, I am so excited to make one of these JUST FOR ME!! Thank you again Merry Christmas

• Laurie Barnes

Try the craft stores, look in the plastic beads section. They have all kinds of shapes and sizes that would work for this project.