Asked on Dec 2, 2019

How do I power outdoor lights ?

Johnavallance82LadysherlockBecky at Flipping the Flip
+4

I want to put Christmas decorations on my porch but there isn't an electrical outlet and I don't want to run a cord through a window - it gets pretty cold here! Any suggestions?

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Do you have a porch light? You can buy and adaptor that screws into the light socket and then you can plug lights into that. :)

• Em

Have and outdoor plug installed by an electrician. They can often tap into a line inside the house by drilling thru the wall and adding an outdoor receptacle. Not all that expensive and you will have it forever.

• Michelle James

Our outdoor electrical outlet is pretty far away from the porch. We run an extension cord (a pretty heavy duty one) to it so I can light up my little tree. We get snow here and it seems to work just fine.

• Patio200

battery powered.

• Battery or solar power are good ideas. Do you have an outlet in a garage maybe?

• Ladysherlock

Thanks to all who replied. They're all good answers, but for now I'll go with battery powered lights because that's the least expensive option. Thanks again!

• Johnavallance82

Hello there,

Have an electrician put you in a double outdoor socket. I have had a number of them fix around my home for use of outdoor appliances etc....