Holiday Gifts With Mini Chalkboards

$1

With the holidays here it is the perfect time to repurpose some items I have in my craft room. I had these two cute little chalkboards that I picked up with visions of frames. My son and his girlfriend just purchased a home and needed some art for the walls and some pictures of them would be perfect.

Mini chalk boards

Here is the two boards, I came up with this idea to connect them together for frames.

Attaching boards

Because the wood was thin I recommend pre drilling holes before attaching with screws. Once I screwed them together I put a light grey stain on the boards.

Clips for picture

I had these clips in my stash and new they would work great for pictures. Again be sure to pre drill before attaching them.

Picture hanger

I originally thought I would use these for hangers until I realized this frame was off balance so I used a short piece of rope for the sides.i simply tied a knot in rope and ran the screws through the knots. Pre drill!

Final project

Here is my completed frame, so simple and I know they love it. Sometimes repurposed items are the best. I alway try to make homemade with love. thank you Let me know your thoughts .