Holiday Gifts With Mini Chalkboards

$1

With the holidays here it is the perfect time to repurpose some items I have in my craft room. I had these two cute little chalkboards that I picked up with visions of frames. My son and his girlfriend just purchased a home and needed some art for the walls and some pictures of them would be perfect.

Mini chalk boards

Here is the two boards, I came up with this idea to connect them together for frames.

Attaching boards

Because the wood was thin I recommend pre drilling holes before attaching with screws. Once I screwed them together I put a light grey stain on the boards.

Clips for picture

I had these clips in my stash and new they would work great for pictures. Again be sure to pre drill before attaching them.

Picture hanger

I originally thought I would use these for hangers until I realized this frame was off balance so I used a short piece of rope for the sides.i simply tied a knot in rope and ran the screws through the knots. Pre drill!

Final project

Here is my completed frame, so simple and I know they love it. Sometimes repurposed items are the best. I alway try to make homemade with love. thank you Let me know your thoughts .

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!