Tree Stand Holder

$20

This is our first Christmas in our new home. Starting new, and going from condo-sized Christmas décor to home-sized Christmas décor is such a treat. You know what else it is though?! It’s not cheap. Buying everything new this year seemed like too much. The bucket we put the tree stand in was an easy and inexpensive project to spruce up the spruce (I know, I know! I couldn’t help myself).

I went to the dollar store and got everything I needed for this project!

● Glue gun and glue sticks

● Scissors

● Jute rope

● A table cloth

● A plastic bucket (make sure its wide enough to hold your tree stand)

I laid the table cloth on the ground underneath the bucket and pulled up the sides to make sure it was sized correctly.

I wanted a pleated look so I firstly pulled up one side of the fabric and folded it to the left creating a pleat. I then hot glued the edge inside the bucket. I repeated this with the fabric directly across from my first pleat. Once 2 sides were glued, I did the same for the other 2 sides

(yes I know it’s a circle, but for this exercise just imagine it’s a square!) Once I had created 4 pleats, I folded any remaining fabric to the left and glued it inside the bucket. I did this until there was no loose fabric left.

To create the rope loops I used hot glue to secure the end of the rope, waiting until it dries before hot gluing the other side down, creating a loop. I used one long piece instead of small pieces for each individual loop. To make sure each loop was the same size, I doubled back one

loop to measure and then glued it forward.

Once you’ve created loops along entire perimeter, you can start to string the rope around the entirety of the basket to cover the ends of the loops. For the first few rows you will have to use a lot of tension and wait for the glue to dry fully as you go. But once you are no longer putting the rope over the loops, it’s fast! I only used a bit of hot glue every quarter rotation or so. Just make sure to have good tension and secure every so often!

To secure the end, I cut the rope at an angle and glued it to the rope above it so it didn’t stick out.

It looks great and we love it. However it is a bit of an invitation for baby C to pull at it as they are little handles right at baby level! Thankfully she’s not that strong yet!!

Happy Holidays!

Pop over to the blog for more holiday inspiration and gift ideas!

such as our Dried Floral Tree Topper

15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
The Zaitleys

• K. stay
    K. stay

did a tree stand fit in the bucket?

• Karen
    Karen

As someone asked before. How do you get the tree to stand up in there... do you have it in the stand in the bucket covered in dirt?

• Rowena
      Rowena

I used a $3.35 bag of pea gravel in mine.

• MaryAnn
    MaryAnn

Since no one has mentioned your tree stand project, let me say nice job, well done. After you got the stand in place did you weight it down with stones or something? I can see something dark grey. As for next year, you will need to invest in some nice unbreakable ornaments for the lower 3 of your tree. Baby C will be very mobile, very curious, and wanting to touch and play with all those bright baubles! Trust me on that one. My Father not only weighted the stand, but guy wired the tree! Ah parents of toddlers! This is a good time to get some of those unbreakable ornaments while they are on clearance. Look for ones that meld with what you already have. They are so much better now, it’s hard to tell they aren't glass. But she won't cut herself on broken glass. That's a really pretty tree. Congratulations on your first house, enjoy it! Now I will check your popcorn tin article. But things should be done in proper order. Happy Holidays!

• The Zaitleys
      The Zaitleys

Thanks so much for your kind words and advice! Very helpful. Thanks and happy holidays