How to Make Super Cute Christmas Reed Diffusers

$3

Christmas reed diffusers are perfect for gifting at Christmas. After all, we all want our homes to smell wonderful at Christmas. These Christmas scent diffusers are also cute Christmas baubles. They only take minutes to put together, making them perfect for hostess gifts and teacher appreciation presents.

What you need to make Christmas reed Diffusers

• Fillable Christmas baubles that will hold liquid
  • Augeo Clean Multi (see note below)
  • Christmas Essential Oil Blends
  • Rattan reeds
  • Evergreen Foliage or spice pods (I used Holly and Spruce for mine)

Diffuser oil can be expensive to buy, but you can make a DIY version that is just as good as the ones in the shops. Earlier this year I tested the best homemade reed diffuser oil recipes and I identified the base product that I believe that most good quality store-bought reed diffusers use.

How to Make Christmas Bauble Reed Diffusers.

I started by popping my fresh foliage into my fillable baubles. I used holly and berries in one and Spruce clippings in the other.

I plan to make a second batch using cinnamon sticks and other spices. I think the spices will discolour the carrier oil slightly but will let you know the results when I’ve made them.

Measure out the correct amount of Augeo Clean Multi to almost fill the bauble and add the scent of your choice. I chose to use a ready-mixed essential oil fragrance rather than mixing my own on this occasion. How many drops you add will depend on the strength of your Christmassy scent, so experiment until you are happy with the aroma.

Use a funnel to add your diffuser oil into your Christmas bauble and pop on the lid. My Christmas baubles came with Christmassy ribbon attached, so I just popped a bundle of reeds on top and tied it into a bow.

And here are my finished Christmas reed diffusers.

Don’t they look gorgeous?

I think these would be brilliant to sell at a Christmas fair or fundraiser.

If you have enjoyed our Christmas Bauble Reed Diffuser tutorial, why not check out my Homemade Mulling Spice Bags which is another 5 minute craft that makes a fab Christmas gift.

How to Make Homemade Mulling Spice Bags

Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Craft Invaders

• Sam
    Sam

What is augeo clean multi?

• MaryAnn
    MaryAnn

What about clear glass-like paint on the baubles? Pale Green or Amber would still allow the inside elements to be seen clearly, while camouflaging any water discoloration.

• Craft Invaders
      Craft Invaders

Using glass paint is a great idea MaryAnn, I think they'd look gorgeous painted :)

• Jen
    Jen

How far in advance can these be made before giving and/or using?

• Craft Invaders
      Craft Invaders

Hi Jen. With reed diffusers, it's the reeds that clog up over time. They last anything from 2-3 months up to about 6 months depending on their quality and the quality of the oil they are sitting in. It also depends what else you put in the bauble - fresh leaves, flowers and spices will tint the oiI whereas faux ones and objects like shells and beads wont. If you gift the bauble sealed with the reeds on the side and use objects that wont leech any colour as decoration you could definitely make these a month or so in advance. Hope that all makes sense!

• Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

I would put something like silly putty or caulk on the bottom to stabilize the ball. Probably 3 tiny dots would do it.

• Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

never mind the above comment. I see now that you used balls with flat bottoms. I thought they were round all over.