How to Make Super Cute Christmas Reed Diffusers

$3

Christmas reed diffusers are perfect for gifting at Christmas. After all, we all want our homes to smell wonderful at Christmas. These Christmas scent diffusers are also cute Christmas baubles. They only take minutes to put together, making them perfect for hostess gifts and teacher appreciation presents.

What you need to make Christmas reed Diffusers

• Fillable Christmas baubles that will hold liquid
  • Augeo Clean Multi (see note below)
  • Christmas Essential Oil Blends
  • Rattan reeds
  • Evergreen Foliage or spice pods (I used Holly and Spruce for mine)

Diffuser oil can be expensive to buy, but you can make a DIY version that is just as good as the ones in the shops. Earlier this year I tested the best homemade reed diffuser oil recipes and I identified the base product that I believe that most good quality store-bought reed diffusers use.

How to Make Christmas Bauble Reed Diffusers.

I started by popping my fresh foliage into my fillable baubles. I used holly and berries in one and Spruce clippings in the other.

I plan to make a second batch using cinnamon sticks and other spices. I think the spices will discolour the carrier oil slightly but will let you know the results when I’ve made them.

Measure out the correct amount of Augeo Clean Multi to almost fill the bauble and add the scent of your choice. I chose to use a ready-mixed essential oil fragrance rather than mixing my own on this occasion. How many drops you add will depend on the strength of your Christmassy scent, so experiment until you are happy with the aroma.

Use a funnel to add your diffuser oil into your Christmas bauble and pop on the lid. My Christmas baubles came with Christmassy ribbon attached, so I just popped a bundle of reeds on top and tied it into a bow.

And here are my finished Christmas reed diffusers.

Don’t they look gorgeous?

I think these would be brilliant to sell at a Christmas fair or fundraiser.

If you have enjoyed our Christmas Bauble Reed Diffuser tutorial, why not check out my Homemade Mulling Spice Bags which is another 5 minute craft that makes a fab Christmas gift.

How to Make Homemade Mulling Spice Bags

Craft Invaders

• Cindy Holton

This is a awesome idea . Thank you.

• Linda

Not really a question more of a caution... Reed diffusers can be dangerous to cats.

Just be sure to put them where your kitties can't knock them over. They are beautiful