Anti-cat Christmas Tree

$15

Hello everyone

Christmas trees attract cats like a magnet - this thing reminds them of a scratching post or a game complex, and shiny, colorful balls only provoke these hooligans and they are happy to attack a defenseless Christmas tree. This year I decided to make an anti-сat Christmas tree and try to put an end to this war.

For the Christmas tree I needed:

- Furniture Board (left from the old kitchen table)

- Garland

- Christmas toys

- Tapping screw

- Paint

I painted the furniture Board black. I wanted the background to fade into darkness. I drew a silhouette of a Christmas tree, and then screwed screws into the corners of this silhouette

Now I take the garland. Checking for performance.

The control unit is glued to the furniture Board. Used hot glue.

At the bottom of the furniture Board I made a slot for the cable and also fixed with hot glue.

I untangle the garland and begin to trace the silhouette of the Christmas tree. Ten-meter garland was enough for 3 silhouette of the tree.

Proceed to the decoration. To secure the gold garland made of paper clips hooks

I hang a garland and toys on the Christmas tree.

Here is such a brutal Christmas tree I have succeeded! I really like the way it looks in the dark.

Remained test Christmas tree on attractiveness for cats.

The tree did not interest the cat. She sniffed it, twirled around a bit, and went about her business.

I hope the truce will last a long time! Happy new year to all! Happiness, kindness, love and good luck in everything!

• Ed Covney

Very clever idea. I may try it (next year) but paint the back board forest green?

• Polkilo

Of course you can paint in any colour you want. I paint in black, because i want than in the the dark this black colour disappeared and i can see only the lights :)

• Judi McClelland

That is surprisingly beautiful, takes up a lot less space than a conventional tree, & I expect it will be a heck of a lot easier & faster to put up next year! What if you made a frame for it & hung it on the wall?! Even less space!!! :D

• Polkilo

Great idea :) it will became like a picture on the wall! :)

• Louise

Cool.. Like how your cat just sniffs ands gets on 👍..It looks cool when lit up..grate idea happy new year to you to

• Karen Hobbs

another cat vs xmas tree project! beautifully done and fun