IKEA Hack - Linnmon Refresh With Peel N Stick Wallpaper

$0

I have so many of those IKEA desk tops that have seen better days. Structurally, they are sound pieces but cosmetically, they were in terrible shape. I wanted a quick fix and I didn’t want to invest a lot of time or money. Enter leftover peel n stick wallpaper to the rescue. This is a stupid easy project... I struggled with even deciding to post it because it is truly that easy.
Here is the before. A couple of years ago, I was going to decoupage it and painted a border of chalk paint around the edge.
I had received this twelve pack of chalk paints and I can not tell you how versatile this set is! Whenever I need to do a project, these paints are my go to paints. A color for just about everything. And they have an ability to almost chameleon to each project. I’ll think, not sure this color will work? And then it does!
This is the peel n stick pattern that I had leftover from another project.
There were two colors that I thought would work...
This is the one that I ended up choosing.
It doesn’t quite cover the top but the pattern is super easy to match up.
I peeled back a portion of the backing and started in a corner.
Starting out straight is really important but if you find edges of wallpaper hanging over, it is easily removed with a utility knife.
Slowly, remove backing and press down removing air bubbles as you go.
I used a utility knife to trim off the excess.
For piecing in the missing section, I just lined up the pattern before removing the backing. Once I was happy with the placement, I removed the backing and trimmed with a utility knife.
Such an easy update. I had spray painted the legs a goldish bronze previously. They were black before that.
After I did this, I came in to find that my daughter had decided that it was the perfect study area for her. Lucky for me that I have a never ending supply of those desks in my house and There are many more options of peel n stick wallpaper for me to experiment with.
I wish I had done this years ago.
Here I am putting it on a much longer Linnmon IKEA desktop. I show two options to applying the wallpaper. The first method was tedious because the table was so long. The other method was more prone to air bubbles which you can see at the end. It was very close to the edge and easily removed.
🥳 Happy New Year!!!

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now

• Karis

I did this to an old coffee table. Using marble peel and stick. It looks amazing!!!

• Claudia H

❤️❤️❤️