Asked on Jan 4, 2020

How do I organize my bedroom?

LindaDeb KJohnavallance82
+6

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

Do you have any photos you can share, Denise? That will help with ideas! :)

• Emily

As is usual it is much easier to advise if you can show pictures of your bedroom. How much furniture do you have in it? What size bed in comparison to room? First of all. . . always make your bed and have a pretty comforter and pillows on it. That immediately makes your room look good. Hang up clothes. Have nice window coverings that look neat. Have things organized. Pictured here is a very organized studio apt.

• Can you post a photo? In my case, I don't have many options due to size of room, window, door and closet placement. Hence, a straightforward common sense arrangement was easy. On the only wall without a window or door is where I placed my bed with a nightstand on each side. The wall opposite the bed has a highboy dresser and tv stand. Next to the closet there is another highboy dresser. There is also room for a rocking chair and at the foot of the bed, I have several storage cubes to keep the pet throws handy. If you want photos, let me know!

Hi Denise: What is it you want to do? If you want to declutter, then maybe an under the bed storage would help, or start with your closet. What I use is a metal chain with links. I hang the chain around the rod, or if you don't have one, on the first hanger, and then hang the hangers from the links in the chain. Easy to lift off what you want, and put back :) Throw out, or give away, things that aren't necessary, and use light colours to make the room appear bigger. Not too many, as that makes a room look cluttered.

Good luck

• Lifestyles Homes

As I go through my things, I keep two boxes ready for “the Test”.

Box 1- Donate

Box 2 - Sell

The Test: If the last time I wore that or the last time I used it, was a year ago or more-

it must go in one of the boxes.

Of course, if it is a family heirloom, it should be cleaned and packed away and not in my bedroom.

• Johnavallance82

Hi Denise,

Is it in a mess or do you want to know how to lay it out and what's needed...?

• Deb K

Hi Denise, this has some fabulous ideas, for organizing a bedroom! Hope it helps you out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHHFu2GgrtA