DIY Valentine's Day Envelope Garland

$15

Here is a DIY Valentine's Day Envelope garland that is simple and inexpensive to make! The best part is you can customize it to however you want. Keep reading to see how to create this!
All of my supplies were purchased from Hobby Lobby and The Dollar Tree (except the scissors, hole puncher, and tape, I already had those!). I purchased the "Paper Studio" brand items from Hobby Lobby when that brand was 50% off for the week. But these items can be picked up from any craft store or even Walmart/ Target. I also only used the gold trim envelopes, you can use plain ones if you wish!
First, trace the top flap of the envelope on the back of one of the craft papers. You can choose a different pattern or paper design. I went with different colored metallic hearts. Use this as your template for all of the envelopes.
Next, cut out the flap that you just traces. Take double sided tape or whatever adhesive you have to attach the paper cutout to your envelope flap.
Here is how they all look with the flaps covered with the cutouts of the paper.
Take colored washi tape and trace out the flap of the envelope with the washi tape.
I used pink and red washi tape and alternated on the different envelopes.
Here are all of the envelopes with the washi tape.
Next, take your hole puncher and make holes on both sides of each envelope. Then, take your twine and string the envelopes on the twine. I strung the envelopes in alternating washi tape colors.
I put a small piece of tape on the backs of each envelope to hold the envelopes in place along the twine so they stay spaced out.
This next step is the fun part! Decorating! I stuffed my envelopes with doilies and added heart stickers.
I folded the doilies in half and stuffed every other envelope.
I added heart stickers in the corners of each envelope.
Here it is all finished! I love how this turned out! This would also be a cute project to do with kids and then they could put their valentine's day cards that they receive in them! Or, you could place little prizes or notes in them leading up to Valentine's Day. The options are endless! Follow me along on Instagram @thejenspace and tag me if you make this! Also, linking my video tutorial on this project! Enjoy!
Here is my video tutorial on this project, enjoy!