Asked on Jan 11, 2020

How do I make a garden flag?

HomeroadEmilyTannerA
+5

I want to make a garden flag as I cannot find one with my unusual initial on. what material do I use for a flag.

• Tinyshoes

Linday...You can use several different materials. I have some made from burlap, nylon, satin, etc. You do need something that can withstand the sun, wind and rain. Good luck to you.

• Unique Creations By Anita

I have found burlap looks great but not if exposed to the weather elements.

• Vimarhonor

Hello

I made mine using a canvas dropcloth, primer and acrylic paints.

Highly recommend it —-it has not faded like the commercial polyester ones. I will be making more since the flag has withstood the weather elements so wonderfully.

Now that I have a vinyl cutter the once tedious handpainted double sided aspect will be easier -with the ability to use a custom stick on stencil to apply the acrylic paint.

I hope this helps.

• Linday

Thank you for your comments. I am anxious to make a flag with my initial since I cannot find one.

• TannerA

You can buy inexpensive blank flags on Amazon and embroider them. https://amzn.to/2uEXiZL

• Emily

Good luck. Is your initial other than L?

• Homeroad

Nylon is a great fabric for a flag. You need to sew the edges and then you could stencil an initial on it.