Home Office Desk in Need of a Freshening Up

$50

Quick chalk paint makeover can update any piece of furniture and be sure to add some knobs and paper inside of the drawers for a big transformation.
I hosted a fundraiser yard sale and when this piece came off the truck to be donated I was secretly hoping it wouldn't sell so I could have a chance to fix it up. It was a cute little desk in great shape and it was solid wood so very heavy!
It just needed to be cleaned up and painted. It was an easy fix. For the project I used Chalky Chicks paint in Seaglass. I have painted an entry table with this color before and I love it.
When you paint, be sure to remove drawers and hardware. If the knobs are a style you like you can always update them by spray painting them using a metallic spray paint found at a home improvement store. I decided to buy all new knobs for a fresh new look.
Start with a thin coat, I usually add some water in a plastic cup and mix my paint to water it down to make a light thin coat. Be sure to use long, smooth strokes to get an even finish.
I usually add two coats of paint. As you can see the last time it was painted was in 2008 (that they tagged on the bottom left drawer).
I decided to line the inside of the drawers with some leftover peel and stick wallpaper I had from another project. It is easier than painting the inside of the drawers. I purchased new knobs at Hobby Lobby. They have great inexpensive knobs and pulls.
I ended up reusing the middle pull and spray painted it with a brass spray paint I had in my drawers. Since the new knobs had a gold and blue undertone I thought that would tie it in.
I layered a brass and a hammer antique nickle spray paint to give it a more aged look.
Matches great with my new knobs! I got these knobs for about $1 each on sale! What a steal!
This cute little dresser was given to my sister for her to start her new job from home. She loves it and I love how it turned out!

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/within.the.home/