How to Line a Log Basket

$10

Do you have a log basket? My father recently bought one but with a super new carpet he asked me to line it so pieces of bark and dirt did not slip through and dirty the carpet.
The first step to lining a basket with handles is to measure the width, height and length, internally.
Make sure you measure to just below the handle of the basket.
So now you have your three measurements it’s time to work out your fabric pieces, including seam allowance.
I have made one long piece which covers the short sides and base of the basket.
Then two long side panels. Where required I have added a seam allowance if half an inch - hopefully the diagram above explains this clearly.
Finish the edges of the fabric with a zig stitch.
Place your side panels right side together so the long edges align and are centrally places on the base fabric.
Stitch the side panels on, starting 1/2” from the edge and finishing 1/2” from the edge.
Place your lining into the basket, folding under the raw edges. Hold in place with pins.
Hand stitch through the lining and the basket to hold in place. You will need a sharp needle and strong thread.
That’s it, you are done! Please don’t be put off by the maths.

Vickymcreations

• Eva Snell Rubin

Couldn’t you cut one piece the length and width of the base plus sides and cut a square out of the four corners so that the only sewing you have to do is the corner seams to make the lining. Less sewing and more likely to have side pieces in the correct spot?

• Vickymcreations

You could, depends upon the fabric you have, the piece I had was rectangular, it wasn’t wide enough.

• Grace Allen

How would 'lining the inside' of the basket keep residue from the basket off the floor.?

• Donna F

I think she means from the things stored in the basket. Like something with glitter wouldn't shift through the cloth like it would the basket slats and weaving. Well...glitter might anyway... lol. But you get the idea.