DIY Wicker Storage Basket Tray Table

$30

Easy coffee table or side table with storage and removable tray tabletop.

I took a large old wicker basket that had seen better days and gave it a good washing with soap and water, let it drip dry, and sprayed it with Rust-Oleum Chalked spray paint in Serenity Blue.

Once the spray paint was dry I painted the basket with Rust-Oleum Chalked paint in Linen white. After I had painted it on I lightly wiped it off with a rag.

While the basket was drying I stained a 24" round wood tabletop with Varthane interior wood stain in "Sunbleached". Once the stain was dry I used two coats of Polycrylic Clear Satin to seal it.

I drilled out holes for the handles that would form the tabletop tray and attached them using a cordless drill.

Here is the finished coffee table. It would also make a great end table, side table, or nightstand. There is plenty of room for storage in the basket and the tray is removable so you can you can use it as a conventional tray as well as a tabletop.

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized

• Michelle Perram

Wonderful use of an old basket. Do you use the inside for storage? I did something similar with a large terra cotta pot. Just a little paint on the design and a glass top that I had. It's not the best picture but it does make a nice little outdoor table.

• Sarah Almond | Salmonde

Thanks, the basket was given to me by my Aunt when she downsized. I am not sure how old it is or where she got it, but it had been painted at least twice.

• Lisa Anne

Where can you find a table top to make this?

• Lisa Anne

Also what size is the basket?