Small Sideboard Makeover

$10

I wanted my sideboard to stay the same color but I felt it needed small updates to give it that modern boho look.
This is the before photo, and I was not a fan of the glass doors and chrome handles
First thing I did was take off the handles to spray paint them
I did a gold color, it goes well with the rest of my decor
At first I didn't know what I was going to do with the glass door, I couldn't remove the glass. So I figured why not cover it with some sort of vinyl or mesh paneling. This part was a little bit sketchy but I was going with my gut and wanted to try something new. I ended up using gorilla grip shelf liner.
First thing I did was measure the space and cut it
I attempted to hot glue it to the glass it did not work as well as I wanted so I ended up actually gorilla glue in it instead.( Side note I did this project about two weeks ago and everything is holding up perfectly)
I let the glue set a little and then I I used my nail to push in the edges of the liner
And this is What the final outcome looks like
Never thought I would DIY with gorilla grip liner to update a project. But it totally works and it totally gives it that boho look that I wanted. And the small update only cost about $10 in total.
I'm all for saving money and giving your furniture a new look rather than getting rid of it.

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas

• Cyndi L Parrish

Scrapbook paper or fabric would work very well in this application, I agree that the piece needs a simple base with trim molding

• Dee

Looks great, would never have thought of liner. At first glance I thought it was metal.

great job.