Small Sideboard Makeover

$10

I wanted my sideboard to stay the same color but I felt it needed small updates to give it that modern boho look.
This is the before photo, and I was not a fan of the glass doors and chrome handles
First thing I did was take off the handles to spray paint them
I did a gold color, it goes well with the rest of my decor
At first I didn't know what I was going to do with the glass door, I couldn't remove the glass. So I figured why not cover it with some sort of vinyl or mesh paneling. This part was a little bit sketchy but I was going with my gut and wanted to try something new. I ended up using gorilla grip shelf liner.
First thing I did was measure the space and cut it
I attempted to hot glue it to the glass it did not work as well as I wanted so I ended up actually gorilla glue in it instead.( Side note I did this project about two weeks ago and everything is holding up perfectly)
I let the glue set a little and then I I used my nail to push in the edges of the liner
And this is What the final outcome looks like
Never thought I would DIY with gorilla grip liner to update a project. But it totally works and it totally gives it that boho look that I wanted. And the small update only cost about $10 in total.
I'm all for saving money and giving your furniture a new look rather than getting rid of it.

• Penny-Marie

I went through the list for the liners & noticed none are self adhesive. Being it's gorilla it would be a good idea for it & easier to fasten it to the glass.

• Birdz of a Feather

Did you only glue around the edges?

• Gigiharmon55

So what exactly was it in its first life, so we can have ideas like yours? It turned out so cute, but can't figure what to start with. Thanks

Miss Gigi

• Barbara Nachman

Looks to me that this was the hutch to a desk. This was the top piece to a desk set. BRILLIANT.

• Cyndi L Parrish
    5 hours ago

Scrapbook paper or fabric would work very well in this application, I agree that the piece needs a simple base with trim molding

• Dee
    2 minutes ago

Looks great, would never have thought of liner. At first glance I thought it was metal.

great job.