Reusing a Beer Bottle to a Soap Dispenser

$2

Soap dispenser comes with a glued label on it. Either you leave it on, to promote some company's product, or you remove it and get a sticky bottle for eternity. Shopping for a proper dispenser is not an option when you are living on a budget, so I made one!

The finished product

This was our soap dispenser for the past two months — lavender soap in a plastic container with a somewhat big logo on the front. I was not too fond of it. 

A few nights ago, we had some friends over for a "study session". Afterwards, all that left was empty bottles and dishes.

I decided to reuse one of the bottles and recycle the rest.

I left it with dish soap and fill with water all night long, by the morning it wasn't smelling of beer anymore and it was ready to use.

I measured the diameter of the cap of the bottle and went to the shop with a ruler to find a soup dispenser top that will fit. I also remembered that bottles of beer contain 330ml, so I wanted to purchase a bottle of soap that contains more or less the same amount.

Initially, I was looking for an orangey coloured soap. Once I was in the shop, I thought that it would look a bit too similar to the real thing and not as hygienic as white soap is.

Obviously, the tube was shorter. I had to remove the tube (or hose) from one of my water bottles and attach it to it. No glue needed, just a bit of strength. 

I checked the height, and it was too high. Using a knife, I cut the edge off, on the bias. I checked to see if it fits before filling the dispenser with soap!

I commenced filling the bottle. I tested the mechanism to see if it works properly before filling it all up. 

I screwed the cap on.

It wasn't a perfect fit, but with a little pressure, it worked!

All set.