DIY Candy Jar Container

$8

You guys, I have the cutest way for you to upcycle your glass jars! Turn them into adorable candy jar containers. I'm helping throw a bridal shower for my cousin and she wanted to have the "guess how many" candy game. I wanted a new and fun way to display the candy and this was the result... I totally love it!

You want to pick a round box that your jar fits into. I had bought a pack of three different sized boxes at the craft store when they were on sale. My glass jar fit in the middle sized box. It seemed like it was the exact same size, but with a little push, it fit inside.

Paint the paper mache box with craft paint.

Paint both the top and bottom and let dry completely. I also painted the inside of the box.

I used a small bag of rice to put in the bottom of my round box. This was mostly to add a little weight so it wasn't top heavy. You could use rocks, sand, gravel... whatever you have on hand. I also cut out a circle to fit inside the box and placed it over the rice.

Then it was time to add the glass jar. The jar is super snug in the box so it took me a couple tries to push it into the box nice and straight.

Using hot glue, add the box cover to the jar lid.

I glued on some ribbon for decorations and filled with brightly colored gumballs.

Is this adorable or what? I thought about adding a charm under the pink ribbon to make it look more like a little gumball machine, but ended up keeping it nice and simple.

It was so cute, I kept it on my counter for a couple days, but eventually had to hide it from my kids. I think this is the perfect little candy holder for an office also. This would look adorable on a desk and who wouldn't love to look at this throughout the day?

You could make these containers and use them for anything...

• Q-tips or cotton balls in the bathroom
  • paperclips, crayons or office supplies
  • scrunchies, jewelry or hair clips
  • party favors with each persons favorite candy

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom