Dollar Tree Industrial Wall Hanging

$7

I love a challenge so when I saw a wall container at Hobby Lobby, I thought I could make the same thing for way less money so off to the Dollar Tree I went. It was very busy but I went straight to the kitchen section where no one else was!😊 I picked up two pans and I knew I could use them to make my project! Let me show you how easy this is!

Grab these two containers while you’re there and some succulents to decorate it! A cake pan and the to go trays which come as a 3 pack.

We will be using only the silver lid from one of the to go containers so you’ll have the rest for later or to make more 😊

Cut the circle from the lid ⭕️ in 1/2 about 4.5” down

Use a ruler to make a straight line and cut with scissors

Now that you have that cut, hot glue it to the edge of the pan. If it’s not perfect just use a pencil and trace the edge of the pan and cut to fit.

Now I took it outside and spray painted it. I had this antique pewter kit that was silver spray and a gray paint

Apply the dark gray on with a sponge brush

Then I used a damp paper towel and blotted it all over

I used the sponge again and did the edges a little bit more

I sprayed it with a clear matte top coat and let it dry again.

I thought it was looking good

Lastly, I added succulents and it was done!

I hot glued a hook on the back and here it is on my wall. I love it and it only cost $2 for the container. I added succulents I already had and some more that I purchased from the Dollar Tree so you could make this for about $7 if you use all Dollar Tree succulents.😊 Not bad for about an hour of work! See more at Gilbert Marketplace

• Shirley

This is tempting. Can one have too many succulents in their house? I already have quite a few. Why not more? You set a good example.

• Joanie

Succulents, plants, flowers........you can NEVER have too many.....if that were the case ....they would put me away. I have a Forest or Jungle. Over 40 plus plants and I breathe good and so do they.....It is something I enjoy.......keeping life alive and well, along with all the beauty of nature. It is comfort for me and homey. They also fill up those empty corners with their beauty.

• Karen Miller Bonett

Doesn’t the front take out lid deteriorate from being moist?

• Cynthia K Gaddie

I love it and easy to do. Anything to do with displaying plants is good ideas. I want the State of Missouri wall hanging.