How to Make a Simple Wishing Well

$60

I always wanted a wishing well in my yard. So when we went to the landfill. I seen the biggest pile of tires I had ever seen! with tires of every size imaginable. So I had my husband ask if we could have some. The man told us we could have as many as we wanted. So we got 4 tires that are used on big trucks.

step 2

We then made sure they were level so the well when finished would not be lopsided. the pictures show us with 4 tires but we changed our minds and ended up using only 3 tires

Step 3

We used 3 tubes of liquid nails to make sure they would not move on us when working with them

Step 4

bought 2 bags of vinyl concrete patcher. Then got every thing I thought I would need. hole, big black pan, twalls ( which I did not need) All I ended up using was the rubber gloves and Plaster pan. And to spread it I used one of my old frosting knives not showing in the picture

step 5

I then got some pool noodles and cut them and filled the space in between the tires with them and started spreading the concrete patcher on the tires ( the picture shows 4 tires but we knocked that one off because we felt it would be to high

step 6

my husband found wood that he had around the house and started his magic in making the sides and roof. The tin used on the roof was some that my husband had in the barn

step 7

We then needed something to hang the cute bucket that I bought from Lowes for $10 on. My husband had some scrap metal that he welded into a crank. ( you dont have to use metal you could anything you wanted to. Pinterest has a lot of cute Wishing Wells on their site that you could get ideas from. I then painted the concrete gray and the rest green with the paint I had left over from painting the house. The rope my husband had laying around in his shop for years. I then bought some hanging vine from Hobby Lobby on sale. and some Dollar Tree flowers all this put together made me a cute Wishing Well for around $60.00. We started Friday Morning and finished Sunday afternoon. We are so happy with it.

I had to update photos with birds

• Ralphy

Will it hold water or is it just an empty shell?

• Redbird

It's just 3 tires on top of each other It does not hold water the water soaks into the ground It's Just a cute yard decoration

• Ralphy

It looks beautiful but my question is will it hold water or do you just have a cylinder with a beautiful pail holder and roof over it.?

• Judy

Can it be moved? We rent and would have to move it?

• Redbird

I made this well out of semi tires so it's actually the size of a real well, But you could use smaller tires and make a smaller version of it and maybe you could move it without busting it all up good Luck!

• Jcm3482

Thanks for

• Jcm3482

I still need to tweak it some. I put a tube in the center for a bird bath. Will small feeders to the side. And still looking for a small pale. Thanks for the inspiration.