Creating a Self Care Station

$75

We hear it all the time: Self care is important! Now, more than ever, I think it's crucial to be able to take the time to relax, rejuvenate, and just really take care of ourselves. I decided to dedicate a small space in my bathroom to one of my favorite self care pastimes - baths! I'd love for you to tell me in the comments what kind of self care or pampering station you would create for yourself!

Blank Space

Here is the space in my master bath that I will be revamping. It will be beautiful as well as functional and have everything I need at my fingertips for a nice bath!

Furniture

I'm a sucker for furniture pieces in bathrooms. To me it just makes the bathroom feel more unique, cozy, and custom. I added this small console table (which I might paint later on) to anchor the space and hold a bunch of goodies!

Display Storage

Next, I added a custom cubby shelf that I made specifically for this space. (See my previous post for a step by step tutorial!) This will be home for some items I like to add to my detox baths like essential oils. I will also keep a few pretty display pieces in here. I made sure to attach it to studs since it's fairly heavy and also made sure it was nice and level.

Signage

A cute sign will complete the look of this space and also add some height and visual interest. I simply lined it up with my shelf and marked where I needed the nails on each side to hang it. You can even get super creative and make your own sign if you choose!

Finishing Touches

Lastly I will set up my space with all the things I need as well as some pretty decor items. 😊

Details

Whether I'm planning on taking a detox bath or just a nice relaxing soak to wind down at the end of a long day, I'll have everything I need in this space. Products I like to use include Epsom salts, Himalayan pink salt, baking soda, and essential oils. I also have a metal scoop and metal bowl to mix everything in. And I can't forget my diffuser! A nice calming scent while taking a bath is so luxurious!

All Done

Here is my space! Keeping things out where I can see them is always a great reminder to actually use them lol. You can also keep things looking neat and pretty by displaying your products in pretty containers like i did with my salts. Thanks for following along and I hope this inspired you to transform an area in your home! Everyone needs a little pampering! 😘

If you'd like to see more design ideas follow me on Instagram!

To see more: //instagram.com/beautymark_furniture

• Cindy

Lovely idea! Thanks for the inspiration,, Now Im motivated!!

• Lisa

Definitely may I ask where you found the cabinet/table that was perfect! I’m doing mine today! But still looking for something different to use! Thank you for such great ideas🙏

• Kris | Beautymark Furniture

I paint furniture so I have a ton of pieces in my "inventory"! I believe I got that piece from a yard sale a while back. I guess it would be considered a small console table. Definitely not as deep as a typical side table and a little bigger than most nightstands. It ended up being the perfect piece!