DIY Round Wall Planter

$12

A $2 round galvanized metal bin from the thrift store is turned into a modern DIY round wall planter that is so fun and unique! Learn how to create your own at add a little touch of greenery to your walls.

If you love this project, be sure to subscribe to our blog to receive updates regularly!

I was pretty excited when I snagged this round metal bin for $2 a few weeks ago. I knew this thrift shop challenge was coming up and I was going to try making this basket into a DIY round wall planter!

Step 1. Prep & cut wood. Use a pencil to trace metal circle bin on small piece of ½” plywood. 

Now to cut the edge of the semi circle, I had Logan help with that. He used the table saw to cut around the curved edge of the semi circle getting as close as he could to the edge and then sanded it flat. 

You can lightly sand the edges with an orbital sander and 150 grit sandpaper once it’s cut to smooth everything out.

Finish prepping wood by lightly coating with a few coats of acrylic sealer.

Step 2. Attach wood to metal circle bin. The wood will attach to the metal circle bin with a little bit of hot glue. Be sure not to use too much because it will ooze out the front.

Step 3. Add leather strap. I used my recycled leather and cut a 1 inch wide strip with a rotary cutter, clear acrylic ruler and a cutting mat.

To attach the leather, you can use a little bit of hot glue.

Step 4. Add plants.

You can either use a recycled shopping bag or some floral foam to set faux plants into place. This just helps grab the end faux plant stem to keep it where you want it.

Step 5. Hang on wall.

I used some Command picture hanging strips to hang the DIY round wall planter on the wall.

I am SO flipping obsessed with how this little thing turned out! I mean, I had a vision – but honestly, it turned out better than what was in my head!

If you love this round wall planter and want to learn more like it, be sure to check out all of my DIY tutorials in the archives here!

Chelsea @ Making Manzanita