Fabric Sample Artwork

$0

A quick, easy and fun way to use up fabric samples and also a great way to get the kids involved.

I actually use these as welcome cards initially for our family and friends that come to visit, and they almost always are left on a pillow with a lovely thank you note added from our guests. I save them because they also look adorable framed as small artworks, and I’m envisioning one of those ‘9-window’ frames with one in each opening.

Choose your color scheme

Sketch a little layout of what you are thinking of. In this instance I decided on an ocean theme so picked out all the blues I had.

All you’ll need cardstock, a glue gun, scissors and of course your fabric samples.

Test fit

Then draw out the actual size of the art you want, this could be a frame size or postcard size for example. And start cutting out pieces based on your initial sketch, layering your pieces until it looks how you want it to.

Once you’re happy, use a glue gun to tack each piece down.

Optional Frame

If you are framing, these look super cute with an insert

A subtle welcome

I leave them on a bedside or on a welcome tray along with some snacks, face masks and towels and they’re always appreciated as an extra touch, especially when most of our family take long flights to get to us. With everything that’s going on it’s nice to have the little things.

• Kelli

just lovely! Where do you get your fabric samples?

• All online stores that sell Custom sofas and similar will mail you samples upon request. I do only do this if I’m genuinely going to be buying something so otherwise I recommend finding bulk batches on eBay for super cheap. Often stores limit the quantity of samples but when I was shopping for a couch, one company sent me over 100 swatches!

• Stevie Lambert

Can you show more examples ! This is adorable and simple.