Asked on Jun 16, 2020

In new here?

Peggy BurnetteBetsyDee
+8

So can anyone give me some tips and advice about what the site is about and all the features it has. Thanks so much

• Chloe Crabtree

Tens of thousands of ideas for home and garden and all kinds of ways to search them. In the bar at the top right where it says "search DIY ideas here" you can put in anything and come up with all kinds of ideas for improving your home. You have already found the spot to ask questions. Explore and have fun!

• Like Chloe said, tens of thousands of ideas. If you look at the top of this page to the right you'll see 'Explore Projects'. Click there and you'll see ideas categorized by How-to & Rooms & Spaces. Take a look around, you won't be disappointed!

• Gk

Ideas are organized into categories and if you click on Explore Projects to can see the How To categories and the Rooms and Spaces categories. You can also use the Search DIY ideas here bar. You can also post your own projects for others to see-adding pictures, directions and links to the products you have used is so helpful to others! As you have already learned, you can ask questions and you will get answers!

• Kathy Gunter Law

First, welcome!

When you see a project you have interest in, save it by clicking at the bottom. You can retrieve them at your icon under "saved projects". If you change your mind, delete it. But it is difficult sometimes to find a project if you don't have the right keywords to search.

I allow myself "breaks" from work to go through the site. Otherwise, I would be on it all the time. It's so easy to browse them and before I knew it I was spending several hours a day on it.

There are multiple categories. I get the daily email and sometimes i choose my browsing from those. Other times I pick a type of project or a category and just look at them going one to the next.

If you can view on a desktop or laptop, it is so much better than a phone.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• Em

You can search for a specific project at the top left of the page, ask a general question at the top right, comment on a project at the bottom of the project under join the conversation. It is redoing, repurposed items, tips and projects to get your creativity in high gear. Sign up for the daily emails for ideas. Great help, great people, love the imagination people share.

• Beth

I'm glad you're here! I'd sign up for one of the newsletters, so you can get a sense of the projects and features here. Then spend some time scrolling around. Click on the Explore Projects link in the menu, and filter by the types of projects you might want to do. I'm sure you'll find something good! Come back here with any specific questions you have regarding DIY projects.

• Recreated Designs

Hi Amanda! Welcome to Hometalk! You are going to be amazed with all of the incredible projects. Take your time to explore as there are a lot of amazing things you can do like make a profile for yourself, save projects, watch videos, search for specific things you may be looking for and find oodles of inspiration. We are always here to help if you have any questions as well. Have fun!!

• Johnavallance82

Hello Amanda,

On this part of Hometalk, your new friends will try to help you with any D.I.Y type questions, from Gardening to Crafts, taking in all the other Home type questions that you may have or want another opinion on.

Hope to hear from you again soon....

• Dee

Hi Amanda: You are going to love Hometalk. It is basically a DIY site that you ask or answer questions for Home projects and more. If you click on the blue house in the upper left you will get a menu of what types of projects everyone is working on. Or if you have a question you can post it just like you did to find out what HomeTalk is about. Enjoy exploring.

Hi Amanda: Gee, yes, welcome! If you look to the top of the page, you can see it says Explore Projects, Post Project and Ask Question. Click on each of these an check out what it has to offer. Also, on the top lelft, there is a little blue house. Click on that and you will see a list of things to look at. And, there is a section next to the little blue house that says "Search DIY ideas here", and you just type in what it is you are interested in and a bunch of information, some with pictures, will come up to show you really neat stuff. Again, welcome and enjoy! :)

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Amanda, welcome. This site is great for learning about everything in and out of your home. You can ask a question, or answer a question. We are glad to have you, hope you enjoy learning and helping others.