Asked on Jun 20, 2020

How to clean bottom of pan?

RymeaKathy Gunter LawHomeroad
+12

how to get off baked on/cooked on grunge off outside of pan

• Maura White

Try putting on a paste made of baking soda and water - let it sit a half hour and wipe off.

• Seth

Bar Keepers Friend powder and a scrunge pad work well, but may leave some scratches.

• Dee

If it is copper, ketchup and salt. If aluminum, Barkeepers Friend, damp, let sit about 15 minutes then scrub with a green heavy duty scrubbie.

• Soak it in a basin of water and a dryer sheet.

• Joy Elizabeth

If it is a metal pan, a steel scrubber woth bar keepers friend works wonders. :)

• Cynthia H

I soak them in Dawn dish detergent and hot water. Polish it up with a paste cleaner like Soft scrub or make a baking soda paste and scrub with a magic eraser or microfiber cloth. Good luck and stay safe!

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Pat, I think we all have the grunge on our pans too. Hope this helps you clean your.

Pan cleaning myths and what actually works - CNETwww.cnet.com › pictures › pan-cleaning-myths-and-wh...

Aug 23, 2018 - Want your pots and pans to look like new? ... was passed down to me from my mother for removing baked-on crud is letting your pan soak with ...

• Vimarhonor

Hello I soak in soapy solution for awhile then use barkeepers friend or sos pad. Hope this helps!

• Flipturn

What sort of pan is it- what is it made out of, and how old is it?

• Redcatcec

Make a thick paste of baking soda and water, apply it to the pan and let it set. I usually let it set overnight and then using the rough side of a dollar store sponge, scrub it off. Repeat if needed.

• Cerama Bryte or Bar Keeper's Friend. Works great!

Hey Pat: What I use is a paste of white vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste and put it on the gunk. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. Good luck.

• Homeroad

I have heard that baking powder and vinegar soak does a great job.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Barkeeper's friend

SOS pad

Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with steel wool

marble paste

oven cleaner

These are all options to achieve a clean pan.

• Rymea

Oven cleaner works