Glue stringy things?

Deb KBetsyCynthia H
+18

When I use my little tiny glue pot and dip my flower stems in, I get glue strings always hanging off the end. It doesn't look like you do. Your secret please? Thank you.

Joanne Maves

jdmaves@yahoo.com

• Flipturn

You need to go back to the original posting of the project with the glue pot and the flower stems. Where is says, 'ask a question' retype your question there. This way your question will be sent directly to the poster of the project.

You also do not need to type in your personal email because when your question is answered, the system will automatically send it to your email where it was sent from.

It is recommended that you delete your email from your question simply due to privacy concerns.

To do this,

- click on the three little grey arrows in the upper right hand corner by your question.

-Click on Edit. Delete your email address

-Click on Update

• Debra Grieve

I don't know what project you are referring to but usually to stop the "stringys", all you need to do is dip your piece in the pot and when you pull it out, kind of swirl it in the air to detach the string. Same as using a glue gun. Use a swirl motion to stop the string. Any left over, just pull off like a hair.

• Unique Creations By Anita

twirl the flower ad you pull it out. What is the name of the glue you are using?

• Redcatcec

Just give your flower a small twirl when you take it out of the glue, the tiny thread of glue will break off. If it still remains , give it a moment to cool and break it off with your fingers.

• I agree, twirl the flower and when your'e done with your project, use a blow dryer to take away the strings.

• Vimarhonor

That’s good question whenever on using the glue gun I wonder about the stringy things and if there’s a better quality glue stick to use to avoid the situation.

Yes twirl the flower stem in a small circle and the strings break. Same with a glue gun. Just twirl the gun tip in a circle.

• Morgan McBride

You can use a hair dryer to melt them

• Cynthia H

I usually just trim them off, but, I will have to try twirling them! Good luck and stay safe!

Hi Joanne: What I do is apply glue to the thing I want the stems to stick to. The trick I use is to push the tip of the glue gun down on the surface and snap it away quickly. This works 98% of the time for me :) Good luck

• Deb K

Hi Joanne, a higher quality of glue,a and learning to twirl your project will help with the stringys