$10 Curtains

$10

I love long dramatic curtains, but man they can be EXPENSIVE. So, I found the quick and easy way to make my own.

Before

I bought a flat twin sheet from Walmart and cut it in half.

My daughter wanted pink curtains, and since it’s her room, I figured why not?? So, I filled hot water in a large plastic container, added 1 cup of salt, and some RIT dye in ‘rose quarts’

I soaked each curtain in water And then added them to the dye mixture. I let them soak for roughly 10 minutes while stirring consistently.

once they’re done soaking you rinse them out until the rinsing water runs clear. After that, I washed them on delicate and put an old towel in with them to catch any excess dye during washing.

After washing and drying, I cut slits into the backside of the top of the sheet where it is doubled. This is where your curtain rod will go.

Be sure to only cut through one layer!

This is what it looks like when it’s put onto the rod. I left the edge of my curtains raw and just put the raw edge next to the wall and the finished edge towards the center. You can’t tell that the one edge is raw.

if I had a sewing machine available, I’d finish it off really quickly. As I don’t, I just left it. Eventually I’ll finish them.

After

here we have the finished project. The perfect light pink curtains and for only $10! Super super simple and so charming.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous

• Roberta Susan
    Roberta Susan

I like how the curtains turned out. I will have to try this in my spare bedroom but, what really caught my eye was the painted white brick pattern on your wall. Do you have a tutorial on that?

• Brinda
    Brinda

Your daughter is in a crib and she ask for pink curtains? Wow smart baby

• Mia
      Mia

You assume, never mind how old the child is, this is about curtains, right???

• Giselle
    Giselle

If you are worried about the spots where you cut they make a product to stop fraying. I’m not 100% but I think it is called Liquid Fray and comes in a bottle that you apply to the cut areas. Perhaps a sewer on here could correct me if I got the name wrong. I think your curtains look great. Kids like to change their rooms often (mine did anyway!) so why spend a lot of money when this works?!

• Gail
      Gail

Or use iron on seam tape and fold it over and iron.

• Jill Krol
    Jill Krol

I've done this many times over the years except I use full/double bed size flat sheets instead of twin because they look more full when you're done. It's reasonably quick, very easy, and they go in the wash any time you want!

• Cardiopro
    Cardiopro

I would look for an inexpensive feminine chandelier to replace the ceiling light fixture. Also, Ross Dress for Less has really nice curtains for $22 per pair. I saw some that were pink with tiny sparkles, by Juicy Couture. You did a great job and I also love your wall art.