Wicker Basket Lamp Shade

$10

I had a beautiful wicker basket that I wanted to repurpose, so I decided to try turn it into a lamp shade for my daughters room.

Wicker basket

The first thing I did was remove the “floor” of the basket. I did this with some pliers, just gently cutting around the circle.

Removing the bottom

Next, I removed the support wire from her old shade. I then cut off the top circle as the wicker basket was larger so it would be too small to use.

Removing the support circle

I then adjusted the wires by bending them outwards slightly to fit snug into the wicker basket. I also bent the ends slightly so that I could tuck them into some of the weaving of the basket.

Adjusting the support wires
Tucking the ends into the weave

I then put the shade onto the lamp to check that it was sitting straight. Once I was happy with how it sat, I then put some Selleys Hold Up glue around the ends of the wires to keep them in place.

Gluing the support to the basket

Lastly, I put the globe back in and it was finished! (*Note: I use a LED globe, they are cooler than other globes so it won’t heat up the basket.)

This was such a quick and easy little project. I’m really happy with how it turned out, and most importantly my daughter loved it. 👌🏻

For more of my DIY projects please check out my Instagram page

www.instagram.com/_prettyliving

End result 👌🏻

15 Memorial Day Crafts
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving