Milk Painted Antique Demi Lune Table

$20

I love milk paint and antiques.. how about you?

Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials. Be sure to subscribe if you like what you see to get all my tutorials delivered to your inbox!

Sweet little table that needs love

This antique demi lune table has seen allot of wear and tear over its years of use.

Front view

The top and shelf top were stripped with a varnish remover, sanded smooth with my Dewalt orbital sander.

Glue veneer

The lifting veneer was glued back down using my trusty offset pallet knife to get the glue all under the strip.

Clamp and dry

Then all was clamped down firmly and left to dry overnight.

Wood filler

Now to fill all the chipped veneer edges using DAP wood pro-x applied with a metal spatula. Once dry it was sanded smooth yet again.

Take apart

I took the entire table apart using a rubber hammer.

More repairs

A leg needed a reglue and clamp repair 

Glue back together

Using my wood glue it was all reassembled in reverse order. I like to use an wide artist brush to get the glue in all the nooks crannies and edges.

Clamp and dry

Then clamped well and left to dry well. A light hand sanding over everything then it was scrubbed well and ready to make pretty. 

milk paint table

Two coats of milk paint were brushed on and when dry it was sanded smooth with a sponge sander distressing edges as I went.

hemp oil seal

To seal the milk paint I used hemp oil. Wipe it on with a chip brush, let soak in and wipe off with a blue shop towel. 

Complete

After it dried over night I rubbed in clear wax then used brown wax around the edges and nooks and crannies to age it further.

SO pretty

I LOVE antique accent tables, they fit in so many spots.

If you liked this project, Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials. Be sure to subscribe if you like what you see to get all my tutorials delivered to your inbox!

3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Creative Moments

• Em

Very nice. The last photo looks like the edges are darker. Does not look the same as the photo before the oil (10). Looks like you added something to make it aged.

• Em

Hi Adluv41:Thanks for answering for the author. I'll see your exclamation point and raise you one!!

• AnnM

When you glued and clamped the veneer, what did you do to keep the scrap wood from sticking to the glue? Nice job saving that table. :)

• Nina

What color is the milk paint used

• Creative Moments

this particular color is called kettle cove from Shackteau Interiors but the Homestead Milk Paint company I linked has many great colors similar.

• Nina

What color of milk paint did you use. Love your creativity!

• Creative Moments

Thanks Nina, this particular color is called kettle cove from Shackteau Interiors but the Homestead Milk Paint company I linked has many great colors similar.

• Mare F Bags Hanks

What color is the paint used? Great job!!

• Creative Moments

thank you