Bathroom Vanity Redesign Using Retique It Chalk Paint and Prima Moulds

$200

Step by Step how to redesign a bathroom vanity using Retique it Chalk Paint and Redesign with Prima Moulds.

Step 1: Before Photo of Vanity purchased from Marketplace Prep Time

This is the vanity I purchased on marketplace, I liked the look of the piece and the granite top but wanted to give it a redesign. To prep this piece I scuff sanded it with 100 grit sand paper then wiped it down with denatured alcohol.

Step 2: I painted on coat of Retique it Chalk Paint in Old Linen

After prepping this piece I painted the first coat of Retique it Chalk Paint in Old Linen. I painted straight over the hardware since I will be coming back with wax to highlight those areas.

Step 2-3 I painted two additional coats of Retique it Chalk Paint in Old Linen and added Prima Mould

For steps 2-3 I painted two additional coats of Retique it Chalk Paint in Old Linen and made decorative moulds using Redesign with Prima Moulds and Hot Glue.

Step 3 I used Redesign with Prima Moulds to add the decorative designs

For this step I used hot glue and Redesign with Prima Moulds to create these decorative pieces. Once the glue has cooled, these pop right out of the mould. To apply the moulds I use E6000 glue.

Step 4 I painted over all of the moulds with Retique it Chalk Paint in Old Linen

For step 4 I painted over all of the decorative moulds with Retique it Chalk Paint in Old Linen

Step 5 I lightly distressed the edges using 100 Grit sand paper

I used 100 grit sand paper to lightly distress the edges and corners to give this piece an old world look.

Step 6: I used Redesign with Prima wax to highlight the detailed areas of this piece

To make the decorative moulds as well as the details on this piece pop, I used Redesign with Prima wax in black and bronze to accent these areas.

Step 7: Sealed with Clear Sealing Wax

To finish off this piece I applied two coats of clear sealing wax.

Finished and Ready for Installation

The vanity is finished and ready to be installed! Hope you enjoyed this redesign. To see other pieces I have redesigned check out my facebook page at Redesign by Renee Co or my website www.redesignbyreneeco.com I am a Retique it and Redesign with Prima Retailer. You can order Retique it Products by using my affiliate link: retique.com/?srrf=j4cBN

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

To see more: //www.redesignbyreneeco.com

• Jodi Jeff Tryon

Nice job! The top looks darker in the last picture than it does in the first. Did you do something to it too?

• Carolyn

I want to paint over wood paneling, how should proceed? Do I need to clean, sand and prime, latex or oil? I want to use latex paint to finish.

• Redesign by Renee Co

Hello, I would recommend scuff sanding, cleaning with denatured alcohol and priming the paneling. Latex base paint will be fine for this job.

• Chr49461510

you changed the color of the top,how?