Sweater Weather Pumpkin Wreath

$6

I love chunky Fall sweater weather and wanted to incorporate that feeling into a decor piece different from the traditional leaf wreath. Here is an easy, cost-effective way to bring some of those chunky textures into your home!

Gather Supplies

The 2 main supplies you will need are a pumpkin wreath form, which I found at the Dollar Tree, and a ball of chunky yarn which you can find at a local craft store. I love this one because it has different neutral colors throughout! You will also need a glue gun and some glue sticks.

Begin Framing

To start the frame, create a tail of yarn on the corner and attach to the wire with some hot glue.

Wrap the Yarn

Moving alone the frame, just wrap the yarn all the way around over and over again. You can play with pushing them closer and further apart to achieve the fullness you like the best.

Once in a while, I like to add a dab of hot glue to keep the yarn a little more secure on the wire.

Wrap the Middle

Once you have wrapped the entire outer frame, use the same process on each middle wire. Don’t worry about having any long ends, we will trim those last.

Frame Complete!

I wanted my frame to have extra chunky texture, so I wrapped the frame 2 times total. You can wrap yours once or double up, depending on your preference.

Fill Your Pumpkin

Now we are going to start filling in the center. I like to start with stem side down. All you need to do is put a dab of glue on each point your yarn will hit the frame. To speed up the process, I put down the row of glue first and then adhered the yarn down the row assembly line style.

Also note, I did not fill in my stem. You can if you would like, but I personally like the contrast of it being open.

Continue adding row by row until you get to the other end of your pumpkin.

Trim Excess

Once your pumpkin is filled in, trim the edges and all loose pieces from the backside.

Pumpkin Complete!

At this point, your pumpkin is all done! I wanted to add some ribbon however so I dug through my collection and created a bow. You can also add stems, leaves etc to dress up your pumpkin.

Display or Hang

That’s it! I may move this to my front door and hang from the stem once we get closer to Fall, but I also just love it on a table as a decor piece. Lots of different display options for this super cheap DIY!

The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Stacey Ball

How much yarn did you use for this project?

• Flipturn

The volume of yarn on a scene can vary considerably from one brand to the next. What was the starting length of yarn on the particular type that you purchased for this project?

• Bowiefan

hey judy, i have this frame waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. I got

it at the dollar store. I was thinking i could cover the frame as you did and fill in the body about half way up. Then put some light pumpkins in it, like a bowl. Do you think it will hold?

• Flipturn

The finished project is not a whole pumpkin, so it can be hung easily on a wall. It is only half size, having the front side rounded and pushed out, and a hollow back. The original frame used was only half of a pumpkin.

• Auntie Amy

Do you remember the color of yarn you used?

It looks like maybe Oatmeal?

I love yours. I went to DT today and bought 8 wire pumpkin frames! Can't wait to get started!

Thank you for this great idea.