Best way clean oven racks?

+15
  • Deb K Deb K on Aug 20, 2020

Hi Sally, this looks like an easy way to accomplish your rack cleaning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iFZRS3vPbw

• Nan W. Nan W. on Aug 20, 2020

Sally: maybe this will help

https://learn.compactappliance.com/cleaning-oven-racks/

• Line the bathtub with dryer sheets and lay the racks on top of them. Cover the racks with warm water and a half cup of dish soap. In the morning, they should clean easily.

• I put mine in the dishwasher on a pot wash. Once the cycle is finished I remove the rack straight away and rub it with steelwool. The dishwasher softens all the buildup and it is easy to wash off. You can also use baking soda and vinegar and soak them But i never have a tub big enough to use this method.

• Betsy Betsy on Aug 20, 2020

Hi Sally: What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Put your grates on some paper on the counter and then make a paste and put it on the gunk. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. Good luck.

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Aug 20, 2020

Hello. I do not like to use the automated self-cleaning feature on my oven. So I like to take my racks outdoors put them in a trash bag and spray them with commercial oven cleaner. The next morning they’re ready to wipe down and our hose off with your little effort. I would recommend considering this message.

• Cindy Cindy on Aug 21, 2020

Hi Sally. Put the oven racks in your bath tub. Sprinkle baking soda over your oven racks, then douse them with vinegar. Once the foaming stops, turn the hot water on and submerge the racks in hot water and let it set overnight. In the morning scrub the racks with an old dish towel to remove grease and grime, and use an old toothbrush to remove any baked on bits. Good luck Sally.

• Cynthia H Cynthia H on Aug 21, 2020

Easy Off now makes a no fumes cleaner. It works really well. If you want to clean them outside, spray them in a garbage bag, clean with a scrubby pad a few hours. Another method is to soak them in ammonia. I found it worked, but, you couldn't dump the ammonia, it smelled, and you had to let it evaporate before getting rid of the bag. Soft scrub brush and hot water and it will look great! Good luck and stay safe!

• Peggy L Burnette Peggy L Burnette on Aug 21, 2020
    Hi Sally, hope this helps you get your oven racks clean. Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

1:57

6:22

Suggested clip · 121 seconds

How to Clean Oven Racks! (Clean My Space) - YouTube

www.youtube.com › watch

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Aug 21, 2020

Hi,

Use a Brillo Pad ( Soap filled Wire Wool) and elbow Grease! Works every time. Good luck!

• Morgan McBride Morgan McBride on Aug 21, 2020

Pull them out and scrub in the sink

• Janice Janice on Aug 22, 2020

If your racks are super crusty and greasy, place them in a large garbage bag and add a cup or two of ammonia. Allow to set outside on a flat surface overnight. Remove from the bag and rinse well, scrubbing with a brush or cleaning pad. Be careul not to get the ammonia rinsed off onto your grass. Clean racks are a result.

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Aug 22, 2020

If you’ve an enameled bathtub, not acrylic plastic, put very hot water with a lot of dish detergent or laundry soap in there and then soak the racks for a few hours, until you see them “self cleaning”.

Then “wipe”them with an SOS pad and rinse.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Aug 22, 2020

Large plastic bag they fit in spray with oven cleaner all over them let sit in the bag about a hour.

• Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Aug 23, 2020

Check your oven owner's manual (or on-line) to see what the manufacture recommends.

• Maura White Maura White on Aug 23, 2020

Put them in your bathtub to clean (or outside) and scrub with baking soda! Hose off with hose or shower head.

• I just recently read that setting a half cup of ammonia in the oven with the racks overnight will make it super easy to wipe the racks clean the next day.