DIY Faux Brick Wall

$100

If you've been following along, I did a quick and easy living room refresh using paint samples not too long ago. The addition of color was lovely, but the wall never truly felt "me". So I jumped at the chance when we spotted some brick panels at the store! I'm a sucker for city lofts with exposed brick walls, and I wanted to create one to bring in more of that urban modern aesthetic.

Cut the panels

We cut the panels by scoring it on both sides and snapping it. We found that a utility knife worked much better than a handsaw. Having said that, this step would have been easier and faster if we used a power tool. Do whatever you’re comfortable with!

Put up the panels

The instructions suggested using an adhesive. Since our walls are textured, we used both adhesive + brad nailer to secure the panels.

Apply spackle and caulk

We used spackle to create additional texture, making sure that the gaps between two panels were covered.

Paint it white

I used Simply White by Benjamin Moore to match the rest of the walls, leaving some of the gray grout lines to create additional depth between the bricks. The photo shows what it looked like after the first coat.

The Final Product

Here's a sneak peek! Want to see more? Check out my blog post for the "after" photos and links to items seen here. You can also find a progress video and daily inspirations on Instagram @homebyheena!

25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make

• Jem4801169
    Jem4801169

This is beautiful, you did an awesome job, I’ve never been a fan of red brick but I think I’ll do this in my art building

• SpudBread
    SpudBread

If living in a rental property--- where it is NOT permitted to do things to walls-- one can also do this-- simply tack the panels at the corners with a flat head finish wire brad/nail-- thin and lightweight-- it will hold... and there you have it your OWN wall to enjoy. I have done a similar thing with foam core/velcro/peel-stick field stone design wall paper-- and made false fronts sides, etc. on a book case (and turned it into a faux fireplace--- the shelves with hidden/stored books are accesible by removing the panels (attached by velcro)... and then replace ... whopeee--- hide the books and have some new ambiance!!!! For a top mantle effect-- just lay across a board finished/or not--- to create that illusion .. sorry no pics to share ... ENJOY!

• Panamachick
      Panamachick

Wld love to see a pic. Wld you pls send: psmith201818@gmail.com.

Thanls.

Patti Smith