I started with a trip to Hobby Lobby to see what they had on hand for sign making. Here is what I used for this specific sign.
TIP: Go to the store with a design idea or two in mind.
- Wooden sign board of your choice
*I chose the light washed wood sign 29.13" x 1.18" x 17.32" from Hobby Lobby for this project. But, as you can see I couldn't make up my mind at the store so I bought 2.
OR you could make your own sign boards using the DIY instructions I used in my LAUNDRY SIGN DIY PROJECT.
- 4" Vintage style letters (the size of your letters will depend on the size of your sign board)
- 1" Typewriter style letters
- Wood Glue
- 2 small paint brushes (1 for paint; 1 for glue)
- Black craft paint (use a color you desire)
- Tape measure
- Straight edge (I used a wood piece..read through instructions to see why)
- A few Toothpicks (I know...weird! Trust me they will come in handy)
- Wax Paper
- Saran wrap