Fall Stove Top Potpourri Recipe

$10

Make your home smell like fall with this easy stove top potpourri recipe. This is a natural way to use fresh fruits and dried spices to naturally scent your home. You can use the same mixture up to 4 days, but you'll need to refrigerate it between uses.

How It Works

Simmer pots work by heating dried spices and fresh fruits on the stove top. You'll want to add water to the fruits and spices and put them in a large pan on the stove. Them heat to just under a simmer and let it cook for several hours. You should never leave these unattended and don't use it when you won't be home. Add more water as needed.

Fruit and Spices

I used cranberries, cloves, cinnamon sticks, apples, grapefruit, and lemons. You can also add figs, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme, vanilla extract, or orange peels.

Cut Fruit

Start by cutting your fruit into slices.

Add fruit to pot

I added 1 cup cranberries, 1 teaspoon whole cloves, 3 cinnamon sticks, 1 apple, 1 grapefruit, and 1 lemon. You can also add 1-2 drops of essential oils if you want. Make sure any oils you use are safe for kids, pets, or pregnant women if they will be in the area. I like using Citrus Burst for more citrus scent.

Add water

Add water to cover the fruit and spices. Then place on the stove and heat until it is simmering. Reduce the heat until it's just below a simmer. Let simmer for several hours. Add more water as needed.

Store Leftovers

When you're done, remove from heat and let cool. You can then place it in the fridge up to 4 days and reuse it.

25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Everything Pretty

• Lailasultani

Do u use the water? How about the fruits n spices?

• Debbie
    17 hours ago

The cranberries in photo look like they’re fresh. Not dried like the “Resources For The Project” would imply. Which were actually used???

• I AM HANDICAPPED AND I AM LIMITED PHYSICALLY AND FINANCIALLY!! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST AND WHICH IS THE LONGEST LASTING ITEMS TO PUT INTO A POT OR SLOW COOKER?? MORE BANG FOR THE BUCK??

MICKEY

• Butterfly

I use my slow cooker as a safer method.

• Kiki

I will be trying this today and I will be using orange , lemon ,cloves and cinnamon sticks.i am so exited can’t wait to smell the results..😀