Dollar Store Fall Wreath

$15

I picked up a straw wreath from a local thrift shop for fifty cents and knew I wanted to make a Fall wreath with it. I used inspiration from my Spring wreath to create this one.

To create this fall wreath you will need a wreath form, faux florals and wire cutters. I purchased faux Chrysanthemum's from the Dollar Tree. Faux florals can get very expensive very quickly, especially when you need a lot of them, so for small projects like this I like to stick with cheaper florals. The wreath form I used was quite small and took a dozen floral bunches.

The first thing I did was snip the flower heads off the stem. I left about half an inch to an inch of stem. This helps it to poke through the straw and stay in place on the wreath form. I chose not to keep the greenery on my wreath. If you would like to keep the leaves simply push them up below the flower before snipping.

Once all your flower heads are cut you're ready to assemble your wreath. I chose a multi color scheme and to place them randomly. For my spring wreath, which used tulips, I chose a two color scheme and an A B pattern.

I love using straw wreath forms because the flowers hold tightly. The first time I used a straw wreath form I removed the seran wrap. Do not do that! It will be messy. The seran wrap helps contain the mess and protect the straw. To begin assembling, simply push the stem into the straw. I like to start at one side and work my way to the other side rather than placing them randomly about. This helps the wreath maintain a full, round shape as you work your way around the form.

This wreath was so fun to make and I just love the warmth it brings to the space. Dollar Tree florals may look tacky alone, but when you get creative with them, they look just as beautiful as the pricier options!

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss