DIY Autumn Throw Blanket.

$10

I love throws and blankets around my home all year long. But I don’t always love the price tags. This throw was very inexpensive to make so I won’t feel bad putting it away with the fall decor.

I’m really liking the mustard colors for fall this year. It was hard to choose a plaid from Joanne’s because they really have so many.

I used two yards but depending on how big you want it you could really even do a yard or a yard and a half.

I had this blanket from a thrift store that has seen better days so I cut the tassel edge off of it to use on the ends of my throw.

Lucky for me the long edges of the plaid fabric had a nice little fray and there was no reason to hem them. If you’re not into sewing and are comfortable with fabric glue I’m sure this could be a no sew project. I enjoy seeing so many his was an easy project for me.

There are so many options for the edging. Old curtains, table clothes, etc... look around your local thrift store and think outside the box.

I just folded the edges over together, pinned in place and sewed it with my machine. That’s it!!

These Stunning Seating Ideas Will Blow You Away
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home

• Syl

Beautiful!!! I am now loving the mustard color.. thx u.. syl

• Auntie Amy

This is a fabulous idea! And our local HomeGoods has some really beautiful fall tablecloths super cheap right now. I will be remembering this great idea for Christmas too! Thank you for sharing your brilliance. I have to go shopping now...!