Hanging a Plant Moo Style

$10

My neighbors think it is easier to leave their trash at my front door than throwing it away.

I cannot find the picture what it looked like when I got it. It was an old water kettle with a cow head

and a black and white enamel cow pattern

First

I bought some wooden "pearls" . Had to drill the holes a little bigger. Then I painted them with white varnish, after they were dry I painted some spots with black varnish on them

then

I bought this washing line _ I guess that´s what it was meant for

Was just happy to find it in black

working on the line

I cut some long pieces of the washing line and with the help of a lighter and my pliers formed a tip, so I could string up the pearls. I had drilled four holes in the bottom of the kettle, and stuck the line inside, tying it with a few knots. I had tried glue, but it did not stick on the enamel.

String

once I had the wooden pearls strung up I frayed the bottom edge of the line

further with the string

I stuck a piece of wire in the middle, had it come back out on the side and secured it by twisting it atound a few times. Then I brushed the frayed ends with a hairbrush

fun part

I had found some cow bells at the store

perfect

for my use

finished

I put a plastic liner inside the pot, so the water would not run out and ruin the wooden pearls. Then I put some plants in it and hung it up on my tree in the frontyard, so the neighbors can hear what I did with the trash ......

hope you can see what I did

• Old kettle  (trash)
  • Varnish  (leftovers from painting windows)
  • Wood pearls  (amazon)

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?

• Vickey Ollis
    Vickey Ollis

We were gifted a cow tea kettle like that. They are a bit pricey. If it ever develops a hole this looks like a good idea to keep on using it.

• Jackson
    Jackson

Hello Vickey, I hope you have it for a long time. The one I got was already in bad shape. So it was no use in the kitchen anymore. Hope you remember me, when yours does get broke in 20 years or so