Asked on Sep 29, 2020

Any suggestions on a cabinet color?

BetsyJohnavallance82Becky at Flipping the Flip
+24

Hi all! I have these bathroom sinks and I am looking to repaint my cabinets and get rid of that honey oak color.

Can anyone suggest what cabinet color would look okay with these sinks? I was thinking just white but there might be a better color I haven't thought of!

Thank you :)

• K. Rupp

Hi Maggie, did the lighting change in between taking the pictures? Which picture is closer true to your countertop, or are they different things in your bathroom? I probably would do an off-white with the countertops pictured.

• K. Rupp

gotcha! That makes sense now. Yeah, I would do off-white. Anything grey might make the countertop look too yellow so off-white would be my pick. If you want to go dark, you could do a charcoal grey or navy blue. But the second pic looks so yellowy gold(could be the lighting), so you would have to see if that combo would clash. Good luck!

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I think white would look good with the bathroom sinks. You can scroll through these ideas and see if you find anything to inspire you:

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Bathroom%20in%20Make%20Over

• Maggie Ford

Thank you but none of those are similar to what I have. Even if you type in "cultured marble" on Pinterest, there's like 1 post.

• Jeanette

Hi Maggie, As the sinks are of varied colours it might be nice to choose a shade which matches iether the darker or a midway shade of those colours. Any paintshop should have sample cards and pots to try.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Either bright white would be my choice. If you don’t want white, a rosy pink to set off the marbling might be pretty. It would depend on the entire room for a choice. You could go black with gold hardware to achieve a glam look.

• Annie

I'd pick up one of the colours in the marbling pattern. You could pick up paint sample to bring home to see what would work the best.

• Cheryl A

you could whitewash your cabinet so you have a more shabby chic look

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

There are so many colors that would look great with this. It’s really tough to tell what colors to suggest because of the lighting. I think there’s a light on in the room no? That gives a yellow cast to things in photos.

What colors do you like? What look are you going for? Green could be really beautiful. Navy too.

• Maggie Ford

Actually 2 of the bathrooms have an obvious pattern to them like the one above. The 3rd one is very subtle, more like this (below) and this is the exact color of my cabinets now.

• Maura White

I think an ivory would look great! Not bright bright white! And if you want to see how I repainted my cupboards without needing to sand - check this out! https://happydealhappyday.com/how-to-paint-kitchen-cabinets-without-sanding/

• I always opt for white...clean and easy and goes with everything.

• Dee

I would paint them off white. A bright white may not go well with the hues on the counter top. Or you can paint a light gray white.

• Lindsay Aratari

I think white would be pretty

• Rebecca Fernandez

Hi Maggie,

Here are my two cents. I currently have a property up for sale with cultured marble tops and have rehab projects with it.

If you go with a pure white it can make the cultured marble appear very dated. My suggestion is to take a photo (if possible with window light AKA natural sun light) go to a Sherwin William or Paint retailer and ask them to identify the color hues in the photo.

A professional paint retailer is use to a designer making such a request.

In other words, they will give you a range of colors all in the same color family that matches the counter top. Any of those hues will match. You should be seeking to choose the lightest "hue" to paint your cabinet - instead of pure white.

Lastly, you can buy a small can of paint for each cabinet or go to Home Depot. All paint colors are available in any brand.

For example, Sherwin Williams- Alabaster 7008 can be color matched in Glidden paint brand to save money.

Don't get too hung up on not having updated counters. Your decor is what makes or breaks it!

Vintage is very chic

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

Antique white would look great.

• Agnes Chrzanowska

I would pick the lightest shade out that top as my cabinet color

• white always looks good.

• White or a gray would be nice. It’s a very subjective thing — your best bet is to bring home some paint color swatches until you find one that you love.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Maggie,

You could go White or Grey or even Pink, but for a Wood colour, I would go for Dark Mahogany or Rosewood. Best wishes.

Hi Maggie: Perhaps a really light cream or the lightest colour on the counter top would be nice.