Add an Instant Light to Any Room!

$40

Want to add a light fixture to a room, but don't have an electric source? No problem! Follow these easy steps to add an instant light to any room - using an LED battery operated disc light in place of a bulb!

I recently added a desk and work area into a corner of my room, but found it was just a bit too dark and did not want to turn on the main living room light every time I'm sitting there, I just needed a bit more light. I also have limited desktop space, so using a traditional desk light was not my first choice.

I bought a regular sconce light, an LED disc light and command strips.

Start by using the command strips to secure the disc light to the inside of the sconce where the lightbulb would be screwed into.

I then used the command strips to secure the light to the wall. No drilling, no wires! Be sure you get command strips that are appropriate for the weight of your light.

I attached on side of the command strip to the wall, and the other I attached the the metal harness part of the light.

Then attach the light to the metal harness using the screws and nuts that came with the light, this is the same procedure you would follow when replacing any light.

Once secure, turn on your disc light and, done! I use disc lights that come with a remote to power on and off. Its the perfect amount of light to add to any space.

You could use this type of "faux' light anywhere for an instant space saver. Use over a nightstand, desk, entry way.

The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home

• Arline Walker

Looks great. How long do the batteries last? I have bought so many LED stick-up lights that barely last at all. Thank you.

• Kelly Lavacca

The batteries in the disc light do not last! You will spend a small fortune on batteries.

• Peggy

Is there anything else I can use in place command strips. They always fall off no matter what I do . Such as clean wall , more strips. Years ago we bought some before velcro, middle of the night crash, bang. They fell off. Fast forward to the present. Even the lightest like a letter, it falls down. Some fell during summer, other during fall. Or cooler months. I like your lamp.

• Lisa West

Great idea. Some of those lights don't last long. Some batteries just aren't good at all.

• Flipturn
    Just now

All puck lights are not created equally. All batteries are not created equally. As others have noted, battery operated lights generally eat batteries like crazy. I would strongly suggest that you use only a reputable brand name of rechargeable batteries if you are wanting to duplicate this project.