Antique Wax

$50

Do you have any furniture that you want to give a wood look? Maybe you have dark furniture that you want lighter or white furniture you want with a wood grain. This antique wax is the perfect thing for that! Our bedroom furniture was dark and had stains and chips on it from kids and drinks with no coasters. I wanted to make it lighter and get rid of the drink rings. First, you sand down your furniture lightly with a sanding block. Then, you get white chalk paint and paint the piece of furniture white if it’s not that color. Once the white paint is dry, you use a old rag or a paint brush and apply the antique wax! The more coats you apply the darker it will be. I love this stuff!

1. Before

This is what my piece looked like before I gave it a little makeover.

2. Chalk paint

I just used some simple chalk paint to give the furniture a coat of paint before going over it with the antiquing wax.

3. Chalk paint and antiquing wax

This antiquing wax is amazing! Just wait and see what I did with it.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

What a difference! And so easy too!

17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps

• Diana
    Diana

What is the difference in antique wax and glaze?

• Janet
      Janet

Antique wax adds an aged look to the piece. It has a light tint that settles in the crevices to give it an old look.

Regular wax or glaze will not do this.

• Joanie
    Joanie

Great look! I love the little table!!

• Sabah
    Sabah

Thank you soooo much for such a great idea. I'm happy beyond words because I have some reddish-brown furniture that no longer fit my decor so now I know how to change it. 😊